Forum > Your Suggestions

anti-spam

(1/3) > >>

Hilly-of-the-Marshes:
i know there must be some anti-spam on here, but i'm sure every week there's a new spambot around

in general the forum's very well maintained and the work of those maintaining it is well appreciated, but i think all would like it if the anti-spam were upgraded, as much as we all love the adverts for quality fake handbags and "adult" toys.

not complaining, just wondering whether it's conceivable to up the protection, short of human verification on every account

webmaster:
Yeah its dead annoying... we have done it so that emails need to be verified and also added the verification string. I am hoping once we have the new PJ site sorted we will do something more web 2.0 for the forum too and perhaps look at an alternative software thats more easy to upgrade etc

Locky:
What Naz says is true.

There isn't an anti-spam system as such. It's just when you register you have to identify the letters in the box and click a confirmation link in an email.

With sometimes 20 new members a day, doing manual approval just isnt practical, especially for the amount of spam we get which compared to some forums isnt that much really.

Mibsportler:
totally agree - it is annoying but it is not like on our homepage of my table tennis club - there is like close to a thousand per DAY  :Cmad:

but true - that handbag guy is a bit annoying lol we shud kick him  :Nero: style  :Claugh:

Spud:
I deleted the best part of 100 spam messages this morning! It's a nightmare!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version