Author Topic: Pro jump exo footplate problem  (Read 3547 times)

Offline TLKSimbaTLK

Pro jump exo footplate problem
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »
i was fine with using toddys old powerbocks that had a plastic footplate however, these ones are metal and theres only support for the front and back. i find that after only 10 minutes of using them the sides of my feet really start to hurt. would putting a metal footplate underneath help this? if so does anyone know where i can get one?

~Simba~

Offline billymaya

Re: Pro jump exo footplate problem
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »
ive noticed my feet to get more numb quicker on the exo's although perhaps thats partly down to tightening the straps down to much havent got an suggestions for you tho im afraid :( tbh i wouldnt of thought there would be a lot of difference in the plastic foot plate and the metal one (apart from missing centre section) i cant see that the plastic foot plate would be any more comfy as its not rubberised or anything but then again who knows

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
I know what you mean.. i find larger feet like my own are not as supported..

Offline TLKSimbaTLK

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
ive noticed my feet to get more numb quicker on the exo's although perhaps thats partly down to tightening the straps down to much havent got an suggestions for you tho im afraid :( tbh i wouldnt of thought there would be a lot of difference in the plastic foot plate and the metal one (apart from missing centre section) i cant see that the plastic foot plate would be any more comfy as its not rubberised or anything but then again who knows

thanks for the input. It becomes painful as theres no support for the center of my foot.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:48:44 PM by TLKSimbaTLK »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
More supportive shoes might help mate
I have used footplates with only front and back support for at least a year and never had this problem

I use Karrimore trainers (£22 or about from sport direct) and these seem to support the sides and arches well

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »
I had an issue with my feet going numb. This was due to how tight I had to fasten my bindings to keep my heels from sliding. I also experienced discomfort in my heel. Because the foot plate would dig through the back of my shoes into my heel when I'd land.

This was all solved with buying new shoes.

I bought some big hiking shoes. They had a tall enforced heel. Which solved my heel discomfort problem.

They were better padded and leather. which solved my binding pressure problem.

I bought wide shoes with a wide heel that solved my heel slipping problem (well the hiking shoes traction might be what solved that.

So in short, try a different pair of shoes.

I wear US size 16.
Leader of the

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 03:52:20 AM »
with the poweriser 08'd i own i always were skate shoes, think soles think heels and think tops and really good support but i suppose it depepends on preference i know alot of people who tend to wearing running trainers and love them for this purpose :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us