Author Topic: Spring protection 2.0 for Exo  (Read 5333 times)

Offline JCDenton

Spring protection 2.0 for Exo
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »
Ok, so i wasnt that happy with my aluminium protection and i dont like tyre armor. I decided to try some sort of strip rubber. After some research i decided to use Neoprene, its very very light, strong, smart, comes in a number of sizes and self adhesive.

After trying a few types i found 20mmx6mm its nice and thick and allows good flexabilty, 10 meters will do (5m did just over 1 stilt).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180636067646&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I layed it in strips length ways and cut it to a neat join at the back, i found this best for flexabilty and also if you scuff a bit you can just replace a few little bits. The adhesive is very good and shouldnt come off.

At the bottom of the spring i reversed the way i was laying the strips just so the join is hidden.

To finish off i got some high vis diamond tape, just for looks really. I dont go on them in the dark lol. This stuff really glows tho, does look good an night. Rounded the ends off with a stanley knife and a glass so it looks nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390295066603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline Mibsportler

Re: Spring protection 2.0 for Exo
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:13:25 PM »
AWESOME!!!!!

me thinket of trying  :Cbiggrin:

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:27:35 AM »
Thanks, its loads lighter than tyre armor. Im def keeping it.

Offline pachtrujillo

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:15:09 PM »
This is something good and nice one!!!
Get trendy and comfortable swimming flippers

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
That's a thing of beauty! Well done. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:59 PM »
Im hoping its pin worthy lol, never had a post pinned before..

Offline Levakama

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
How did you make the hoof protection?

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »