Author Topic: Another calf cuff question yet again  (Read 3572 times)

Offline vheerdp

Another calf cuff question yet again
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »
I've browsed most related topics, but could'nt find a answer. Is the cuff supposed to move up and down when running and jumping? This causes quite discomfort to my calfs and I seriously hope this can be fixed with a setting that I have overlooked. Please help.

Pete

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
Re: Another calf cuff question yet again
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
No it's not, you just need to tighten it down more.
Leader of the

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
IT should not move noticeably at all.

However the bolts under the velcro need checking constantly as they work loose. Get into the habbit of checking them as often as you can.

Offline vheerdp

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »
Thanks guys, although I think I didn't elaborate quite enough. The cuff sits tight and is not loose at all. However after lifting off the ground when the tension on the spring is released, the cuff has a downward yanking effect on my calf. Although the cuff is already close to my knee, I'm gonna try to lift it a little more to allow a slight downward jerk before grabbing my calf. Later

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »
Hi,
I know exactly what you mean. Cuffs take a while to set up and it took me a little while to find the right spot for my cuffs. Depending on how high or low I had the cuffs made a difference to how secure I could get them. I found slightly lower was better for me but it would undoubtedly be different for you. One thing that made a real difference was how I tightened them up. Jason told me about a method that involved moving the strap up and down (towards the sky and ground) while pulling it tight and that really allowed me to get the cuffs secure.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

:spudT:

Offline vheerdp

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
Thanks Spud, it did help. I will keep playing with the settings until I find that "sweet spot". Best