Author Topic: 'Walk for Life' Hyde Park 10th June  (Read 47272 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: 'Walk for Life' Hyde Park 10th June
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
ummm 6 ?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
Well you lot are borderline anorexic compared to me so I recon 8 with bocks and 10 without  ;D

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2007, 10:13:51 PM »
almost 5...... It was such a fun day, the best meet so far. I will definately be doing it again next year

I was asked by a woman that runs one of the charities out in South Africa about the bocks. I told her there were kids versions available. She said she would like a couple of pairs for the kids to have a go. So you may get a call Naz....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:35:05 PM by English-tailor »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2007, 10:35:13 PM »
I was close :D

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2007, 01:17:46 AM »
I will do it again next year!!  ;D That phonebox was boiling!! lol  ;D 8)

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2007, 01:25:04 AM »
Don't forget to add ur pics to the gallery sx if you took some.

Looks like you all had a fab time so that great!

Now that you done the 10k walk, don't forget to support Peter who is doing 1200miles! Full thread here: http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=161

His raising huge amounts of interest in Scotland for the sport where he currently is and has been featured in a few papers too, above all with our help he could raise huge amounts of awareness for epilepsy too.

If any of you guys have my space accounts, websites etc don't forget to link to him!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »
It was a long hot day  and i still ache. But was such silly fun. I reccon we did close on 2 Km b4 we left the park   just bouncing for the cameras.

As you may have guessed  the 'phone box' refers to 'how many pro jumpers can u get in an old style red phone box'  you will have to wait for the pix ;D 

But it does set a new challenge ---'how many pro jumpers can you get in a mini'!!!

Im not sure how some of our number had the energy to jump around in the sk8 park at the 7Km mark ???

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2007, 12:47:49 PM »
It was a long hot day  and i still ache. But was such silly fun. I reccon we did close on 2 Km b4 we left the park   just bouncing for the cameras.

As you may have guessed  the 'phone box' refers to 'how many pro jumpers can u get in an old style red phone box'  you will have to wait for the pix ;D 

But it does set a new challenge ---'how many pro jumpers can you get in a mini'!!!

Im not sure how some of our number had the energy to jump around in the sk8 park at the 7Km mark ???

Must have been something in the pimms and in the beer!!  ;D I am not too sure how some of us did that in the skate park!! I think the kids wanted us to go and let them skate, as we had taken over the skate park!! lol  ;D 8) ::)

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »

I think it’s just your enthusiasm for the sport it shines through and gives you that extra strength

Lets just call it the magic of bocking  ;D

Offline GRS

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
yep I seem to have loads more energy than usual when I'm jumping around...there just seems to be that extra spring in my step! :D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »
also it was the all time classic 'ive started so ill finish'. but seriously  if any1 now thinks they will do a sponsored walk like this. Do just a lil training, drink water  slowly but steadily, wear a sun hat, dont carry extra stuff ( ideally get some ground crew), make sure all your straps and bindings are comfortable. Im a postman im on my feet walking and cycling for hours a day and even for me in that temperature  the last couple of K's were hard, for others i know it was really really difficult.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2007, 06:31:14 AM »
I would agree with Q, training is ideal for events like this. I walk a lot in my daily life and 10K's is not an unusual distance for me to walk. The main problem I had was with my bindings being too tight. You also have to pace yourself, there is no point doing lots of tricks at the beggining only to find you have peaked to early. It's all abount endurance not showing of styles....although we did stop lots to perform for people ;D

Offline GRS

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »
It was really hot as well on the day you took part so that may have added to the exhaustion