Author Topic: Loose footbar bracket.  (Read 3103 times)

Offline verb0ss

• Jump High and Prosper
Loose footbar bracket.
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
Hello. I Have a problem with brackets holding footbar. After few days of bocking on my new EXO's ive noticed that screw and bolts that hold that bracket (the one under footplate) got loose. Knowing that i will have to put it apart (ie remove bar to get to that srew) I've ordered silicon lubricant to treat bearings. It was all fine for one day but im back to square one now :Cconfused:
So I have few questions:
1: What to do to make that bracket stuck firmly to the rest of the frame?
2: What is the size of a alan key for that bolts (non of key i have in my set fit in)?
3: What is that blue thing that keeps screws in place?

Just to make everything clear I attach couple of pics.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Loose footbar bracket.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »
If by "Blue thing" you mean the bit in the top of the nut that is a nyloc nut and they are designed to be done up once and then discarded and replaced with another one on refitting

I find this expensive so I just buy some Loctite threadlock and use that on the screws

If it is the nuts that are coming loose this will cure it

The allen key is a standard size and should come in any good set but do get a good set (or single) as cheep ones will round the heads out and cause you trouble

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline verb0ss

• Jump High and Prosper
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »
It got even worst yesterday. Every time I've been tightening screws (which happen 3 times so far) i had around 30 min of fun before it became loose again. After yesterdays bocking I've noticed that screw on my left stilt that holds bracket from the bottom turns around so it looks like thread on the frame is gone  :Cno:  The thing that upsets me the most is that weather is so sweet and i cant use my stilts  :Ccry: And its Sunday Bank Holiday so all the DIY shops are shut. The blue thing i was talking about is indeed Loctite threadlock. Thx Jason.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »
OK mate

If the thread has gone in the center screw you can always replace it with a longer one ans stick a nut on the inside (A bit hard to do but you can reach it to hold the nut with a spanner)
Then replace the nuts on the through bolts or put some locktight on them

Places like B&Q or homebase have nuts and bolts and might have locktight

Offline verb0ss

• Jump High and Prosper
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »
Hi. Thx for reply Jason. We  have the same path of thinking because I've done exactly what You said before even reading your post  :Csmile: The only thing is that nut doesn't want to stay in place and I can't tight it with socket key. I still dont have loctite threadlock so i have to fix it every time i have bocking session and its just too much of effort.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
I havn't got the original footplate on mine so I may be wrong but can you put the bolt in the other way and get the allen key throught the holes on the top of the footplate as this would be easier to do up

But locktight will cure all your problems (car accesory stores sell it to)