Author Topic: how long do the rubber feet last?  (Read 12932 times)

Dark Knight

Re: how long do the rubber feet last?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 06:14:24 PM »
hi all

Ive had my pro-jumps for about 3 weeks and already the feet have worn down to the metal >:(. They have only had 10-12 hours use because i hurt my back for 2 weeks. Is this normal?

robb
Can I claim the record SIX hours, and that include learning to stand a walk on them I've only now started running !  :o

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 10:50:12 PM »
hi all

Ive had my pro-jumps for about 3 weeks and already the feet have worn down to the metal >:(. They have only had 10-12 hours use because i hurt my back for 2 weeks. Is this normal?

robb
Can I claim the record SIX hours, and that include learning to stand a walk on them I've only now started running !  :o
Sorry DK, but I believe the record is 4 hours :(

Dark Knight

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 11:26:47 PM »
hi all

robb
Sorry DK, but I believe the record is 4 hours :(

But was that their first ever PJ's and Hoofs ?

Offline WM

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 10:40:56 PM »
Mine didnt last too long either...  :-\ i bought another set and stuck on some tire socks to save me some ££.

Hi troc
I notice you have 7leagueboots, please can you tell me how long your feet lasted for you? I'm just wondering if I should put a sock on straightaway. Thanks

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »
Mine didnt last too long either...  :-\ i bought another set and stuck on some tire socks to save me some ££.

Hi troc
I notice you have 7leagueboots, please can you tell me how long your feet lasted for you? I'm just wondering if I should put a sock on straightaway. Thanks

If you have 7leagues you do not need to use tyre socks, the hoofs on 7's are made of some type of super rubber which lasts for ages!
I've had mine for about 4 months and they look nearly as good as new.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
Ive had my 7's since end of may/beginning of june. They are wearing  but at present r8 I think they would last till christmas ( but weather may well mean they last over into the new year).

Considering the cost and life of these hooves. Id say that puts them in the price bracket of an average pair of trainers. I think that is reasonable.

I think bocking should cost between 50p and £ an hour ( excluding travelling  & gym costs). So after buying stilts, protection, tyre sox and spring tape add up the cost. Try and see how much you use your kit b4 you need to spend serious money. Though this also depends on 'how' stilts are used. I know a few people learnt quickly and very soon were bouncing the backbone out of their springs. Some have now gone '2up' in weight as a result. So Im talking an average bocker who has purchased the right stilts.