Author Topic: Anyone got CZ 70 springs??? Or want to swap with my cz 80??  (Read 3111 times)

Offline shandypants

Alright everyone. Hopefully someone can help. I have just bought exo pro jump cz 80 stilts. I am too light to get the most out of them. I could do with someone who is selling a set of cz 70s or wants to swap springs. I weigh 74 kgs it sounds like I should be ok but I had a bash on my girlfriends cz60s and although I was bottoming out they were really good fun and I was bouncing HIGH. I bought my girlfriend cz 60 exos. She needs F 60 junior stilts as she is on full adjustment on the feet ratchets and they are too heavy for her to lift up. So same story there if there is anyone? Its a long shot but you just never know ;-) Thanks, Liam.

Offline billymaya

Re: Anyone got CZ 70 springs??? Or want to swap with my cz 80??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
my advice would be to stick with the ones you've got mate as they will soften over time i have 94 kg springs on mine and im roughly 88 kgs in weight when i first got them they felt as stiff as anything and couldnt do alot with them but now after about 3 months of using them im now getting to the stage where im getting really good height, i know it can be frustraiting to start with but if you go for lighter ones they wont last you as long and if your bottoming lighter ones you wont be able to get your full potential jumping wise and they are more likely to break quicker so stick with what you have and practice practice practice lol good luck :)

Offline billymaya

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
ps id also say the same regards your gfs stilts the juniors will probably be to small for her and will restrict her regards getting good on them depending on how old your gf is of course but juniors are only really good for like young teenagers ect my daughter who is 11 has got juniors and it wont be long before she grows out of them and she only has diddy feet, so again id just say to stick with the ones shes got and it wont be long beofre she gets used to the weight of them :)

Offline shandypants

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
ahh, thanks mate thats a big weight off my mind. I was flapping :Cchatterbox: for the last few days after spending 300£ on 2 sets and not being able to send them back as they have damage now. But now after going out again on them and reading your comments I am much happier and she is too. Like you said we will just give it time.
How long have you been jumping for? Its great fun and not many people know what it is. lol. But thanks again much appreciated! :Cnotworthy:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »
You might find that your Girlfriends stilts will get a bit softer for her if you bounce gently on them for a few hours don't go mad and bottom them just use them for a while so break them in
She will them find them a bit easier
The junior ones are not really a good idea for adults better to work on the ones she has

As for yours mate get out on them and use them you will build up the muscles you need to bend
A lot of people think that because they are fit in one way it works on all sports we once had a cyclist who did 30+ miles a day and more on the weekends (his legs were like Conan) and after 20 mins bocking he was close to tears because his legs hurt so much
So just get out and enjoy them

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »
me erm ive been bocking now for about 12 months found my first pair (akyrunners) at a carboot and me and my step son have been doing it ever since we go out most nights over our park for abour an hour or so and go out for longer at weekends yes your right its a cracking sport we love it :) and you meet some really good people who enjoy the sport as well, ive had several second hand pairs over the last few months until i brought the exos and they are by far the best pair ive had, just keep at it you'll be fine doesnt take long to soften them up a bit will be worth it in the long run and if your ever down our neck of the woods pop in and say hello :)