Author Topic: Pro-Jump Feet  (Read 5000 times)

Offline thedeaflamb

Pro-Jump Feet
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »
Hey, just starting a new topic for people to post there experiences of their feet.

My first pair lasted for about 5-6 weeks when i was using them practically every day, with an exception of a week when i had a f***** up knee. My second pair have already gone through half way and i have only used them for 2 weeks every 2 days.
Id like pro-jump to look into this and try and change the material which pro jump feet are made of.

Is there anybody else with experiences of thier pro-jump feet not lasting long, if so got any evidence to back it up?

Cheers
Dont walk, Bounce!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Pro-Jump Feet
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
Well its no secret that about 3 of the people I bock with have had similar problems. I guess it would be useful to catalogue the problems in one thread so I'll dig out the pics when im on my home computer.

I know projump do not have any direct control over the quality of the footpad but as a large uk distributor they should be able to have a substantial say in how they are manufactured.
To be honest, if people are expected to fork out for new feet every month then it might not be affordable for them to take up bocking and even using tyre socks would cost money and they wear down almost as quick :/

Offline thedeaflamb

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »
Not very many complaints are there!
Look people, if you want to save money on better feet, this is the topic to talk on. I am hoping that the more aware pro-jump are of the problem with the feet, the more they will do to work out a solution to the quickly wearing away feet.
Dont walk, Bounce!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 09:01:18 AM »
I must say that within a day of getting mine I fitted socks because at £30 to replace the hoofs I thought it must be cheeper

I did try without socks for a while between my first and second pair of socks but found the lack of grip on grass, gravel and in the wet unacceptable

Now I use a £10 mountain bike tyre (lots of big tread) I get 3 pair of socks out of that when turned over that means I get 6 sets to wear out

Even if they last a week each of heayy bocking (mine last about amonth light use) that means my £30 lasts 4 1/2 months
So as the hoofs don't work well on the surfaces I use I don't have a problem

But I can understand that if you (don't like/can't be bothered with) socks it must be expensive
Remember though that the harder wearing a rubber compound the less it grips hence formula 1 tyres last 1 race would'nt be much good on your average car would they or try racing on a set of £20 quickfit specials  ;D

Offline Kangaroo X

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »
I've had mine just over 5 weeks now, and they haven't got much grip now... and the sides of them are halfway.
I'll need tyre-socks... Or a new pair of feet.
---------------------------------
..::::::::::::::::::::::::::::..

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 09:10:29 AM »
Get some socks on before they wear to much if you go through to the metal even socks won't help

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:01:21 PM »

But I can understand that if you (don't like/can't be bothered with) socks it must be expensive
Remember though that the harder wearing a rubber compound the less it grips hence formula 1 tyres last 1 race would'nt be much good on your average car would they or try racing on a set of £20 quickfit specials  ;D

But average road tyres last for months and unless you plan to use them on grass/sand ( yes I'm done that ! ) or wet paths, then why would you need a F1 tyre  ???

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
What I was trying to say was that I you make the compound on PJ feet harder they won't grip as well and if you make them grip better they will wear quicker so it's a compromise

And I've used normal tyres on grass and sand (pendine beach in a beach buggy)
and they don't grip very well do they  ;D (spent a lot of time digging it out)

My LJ80 Suzuki on sand tyres did much better the following year almost got away from the MP's chasing me through the dunes

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
i want harder rubber!! maybe they will get less grip but i don`t care!! >:(

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
I dont think grip is the problem. As long as you are bocking on a dry and clean surface then the rubber is going to grip. Last weekend Dawesome was doing backflips and one of his feet has more metal showing than rubber.

Point is, the older generation feet used to last soooo much longer and surely a newer generation should be an improvement on the older but they seem to be going backwards.

Offline thedeaflamb

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
Hey i was looking at a friend of mines crutch's after she broke her leg, and the rubber at the bottom of those seemed ideal for powerizing. They had good grip and yet very seemed like it would last very long. The rubber itself is grey, so it might not look so good on the powerizers, but i dont care all i want is good grip for a longer time.

(oh and heres a pic of my feet after about a month and a half of almost continuos powerizing. Cheers)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 03:23:34 PM by thedeaflamb »
Dont walk, Bounce!