Author Topic: Custom paint  (Read 10365 times)

Offline Crossy71

Custom paint
« on: October 04, 2011, 07:27:30 PM »
Twisted my ankle the other day while on the stilts, so while im not using my bocks i decided to do a little personalisation  :Cbiggrin: only got the 1 done so far but i think it looks much better than the black they come in  :Cwink:

Offline qwerann

Re: Custom paint
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »
 :Cchatterbox: what youu paint them with?  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Crossy71

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 07:41:50 PM »
just normal spray paint from your local car spares shop. Rub them down with some sandpaper only fine stuff you dont have to take all the paint off. Highbuild primer helps the paint to stick better and fills out little bumps in the steel for a better finish. Then just mist your paint on to prevent runs.

Its best if you allow about 20mins between primer and paint. And a minimum of 30mins (if in a warm area, longer if not) to allow the paint to harden before re-assembly

Offline XS

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »
how did you  twist your ankle on bocks? your ankle is pretty well locked in there.  Never heard of this happening without a strap failing.

The pain looks sweet, you took the time to do it right. well done.

Offline Crossy71

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »
My strap was pretty loose and as i was moving toward a wall to rest on while i re-did all the straps i stood on a conker shell and slipped didnt move much.. but it was enough :P

The painting dosent take too long, its the stripping a re-assembling that takes time lol

Offline qwerann

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »
okayy, cool  :Csmile: may do this!  :Cbiggrin: 
why is there only one binding?  :Cerr:

Offline Crossy71

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
there's only 1 binding coz i was a bit heavy with the paint on the other footplate so ive had to flat it down and re-paint it :Cmad:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
Nice job well done

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
As a ginger i approve this no joke i realy looks sweet
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r