Author Topic: Footplate Toe Mod  (Read 3528 times)

Offline UpFromOne

Footplate Toe Mod
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:30:38 AM »
Another minor mod, but it made alot of improvement for me.

I simply cut some "angle iron" (6061) into small wedges and inserted them under my footplate toes to make the plate turn up at the end. Had to use a slightly longer M5 bolt due to the new height, but it screwed into the rail just fine, at the same angle.
This gave a more natural support to my feet, and helped reduce the strain on my shins. I feel no disadvantage on running or anything else, only a better foot feel.

http://imageshack.us/g/266/footplateshim.jpg/

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Footplate Toe Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »
What have you got there? Plastic footplate on an exo?

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »
They're Air-Trekkers and if the picture on the web site is correct,

http://www.air-trekkers.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/115/image/152/

Then they are now making them with a slim plastic foot plate. This seems better than the metal that allows your heal to slip around.

UpFromOne, is that right? Did your Trekkers come like that with a plastic foot plate instead of the metal ones?

Offline UpFromOne

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Yes, that's the stock footplate. I merely added the wedge with 2 holes in it for the bolts to pass through.

PLEASE NOTICE: I have been privately advised that this Board is furnished to us by the distributor of a particular brand of stilts. So while I want to continue to discuss modifications of interest to us, we ought to keep it in general terms. I do not wish for anyone to think that I am affiliated with another brand, or that I favor one brand over another. I am just a bokker and a tinkerer, I'm not here to sell anything.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »
Hmm I understand why they would put the plastic footplate on it but imho, it spoils it.
Easy for me to say as I've never experienced this foot slipping problem. I've tried to work out what causes it - type of shoe, different sole or grips but I cant narrow it down.

I think one of the best features about the Exo's is there is no plastic. They no longer look like unusual toys for 12 year olds. Now they look like they are mean and ready to do business lol.

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »
Cool man i have the same ones anyways i should try that mod i think it would help so thanx for the idea :D
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »
There is an easier way to achieve this mod

I just missjudged a jump up onto a block and slammed into the edge on the way down with both Ally front plates (yes mine are custom checkerplate)

Voila two upturned toes on my footplates  :Claugh:

I don't recomend doing the mod the wauy I did as it hurt and could damage your bocks  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:08 AM »
Jason, you're a funny guy. Got a good laugh. Thanks.