Author Topic: Me doing some general bocking  (Read 2268 times)

Offline BitLord83

Me doing some general bocking
« on: December 24, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
Me doing some general bocking

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2501

8-13-11 at the fountain by the Shokan reservoir in NY, USA. Good bocking spot. This is in full HD! I've gotten a lot better since this. I know the video is kind of long and boring. My good jumps are @ 1:25 and 2:15, and I get some decent height at 3:08. Sorry for the sideways video at the end. Any tips are welcome. Thanks for watching!

Offline Vrozer

Re: Me doing some general bocking
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
Nice video and Beautifull spot to train ^^
I only recommend putting your camcorder on something, or get à camera man with a steady hand. I kinda got à headache from the continu's moveing camera and the focussing all THE time.
But overall, keep up the Good work ^^

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Yeah, my fiance recorded this with her nikon digital slr camera. She was sitting in the car at the time and kind of zoomed in, hence the shakiness. Next time we take a video we will know better.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:35:56 AM by BitLord83 »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »
Looking good there mate

Love those blocks we have something like them but longer in Staines (local bocking ground) and getting onto them the first time is scary but so much fun

Just managed to jump off one and back up onto another (thought it was gonna kill me  :Claugh:)

Keep up the good work

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 04:34:05 AM »
Thanks Jason.

Yeah, it's a really nice place, especially when the fountain is running.

I'll have to try jumping off of one block and then back up to another. To be honest it never entered my mind to do that.

This coming week I and three other bockers (two very beginner and one sort of beginner) will be meeting up and going indoors. Several other people are coming along who wish to try them as well. I hope to take some video and post here later. I might attempt a front flip or two as well. We shall see how soft the crash mats are.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »
Yep took me 3 years to get up the guts to do that and to jump completely over one as well  :Claugh:

Next step is a half turn as I jump on  :Cbiggrin: probably another year or so  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:08:29 AM »
Yeah Jason, that would be cool. Spins are really hard without going off balance.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
Bit of confidence is all you need to spin and lead from the waist not the shoulders.

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 03:32:40 PM »
Thanks for the advice Locky. I think I've been doing it exactly opposite of that. I'll give it a try the next time I go out.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
It's quite hard to understand the technique until you do it but if you go from the shoulders then your twist is all wrong, your shoulders get round before your legs do which can actually be really dangerous on stilts especially if you over-do it.