Author Topic: Question about a mod i wanted to do  (Read 3198 times)

Offline GingerJumper

Question about a mod i wanted to do
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:18:05 AM »
Ok so i was thinking could i put the duct tae strait on the sping? Like i saw the bike inner tube with duct tape but i walk duck footed so when i walk they sometimes hit but i have learned how to stop them fromm hiting but still i think it will proved some protection against other things like when i fall or something but if i do it is going to be neon orange and if my name doesn't i am a ginger and if u dont know wat that is i am a redhead and i am proud i even have and orange car :D but i would like to know if it is a good idea pr not
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline GingerJumper

Re: Question about a mod i wanted to do
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
And if any experianced bockers see this and they are like wow noob ya i am but im on here to seek guidance
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:51:05 PM »
Hi GingerJumper

The reasons we tend to put something like an innertube on first are

A--- For extra protection (believe me you can't have enough when you are learning )
B--- If you put gaffer tape straight on the spring it tends to stick permanently and when it gets dammaged it is a nightmare to get off

All you need is an old bicycle innertube cut lengthways and wr***ed round in a spiral overlaping pattern then top it up with tape

Most cycle shops will give you the old punctured ones for free

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »
ya i looked into it and i did use bike inner tube with black and orange tape  :Claugh:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
As Jason says you really need the extra protection of the rubber. It's very tuff against knocks and scr***es which the duck tape isn't. You will be forever trying to get it off once it is scuffed and looks messy plus by then the covering on your springs will also be damaged. There is detailed instructions in the "mods" tab on how to do this.

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!