Author Topic: TronBocking  (Read 4978 times)

Offline DevilsGreen

• New to Bocking and the forum! <3
TronBocking
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
I was thinking about buying some sort of reflective tape so I and/or my bocks could be seen at night ... when I found EL wire!

http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/devilsgreen/?action=view&current=Photoon2012-01-07at17582.jpg
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/devilsgreen/?action=view&current=Photoon2012-01-07at17573.jpg

Sooooo I fell over xD and broke one of the drivers >.< thats why the pictures are only of one bock. xD

Offline BitLord83

Re: TronBocking
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »
Very awesome! Where do you put the battery pack?

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:31:15 PM »
I discovered EL wire a few months back and showed the rest of the Riser Raptors, we used it for an art show that we went to and it worked great! Only one member broke some, I still have all mine working happily. It looks great once it gets dark. The only advice I would have, is if you plan on using it indoors at all, make a case for the battery holders to muffle the buzzing :)

We put the battery pack on the back of our calf cuffs Bitlord

Offline XS

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
EL wire is great for bocking in the dark.  I use it when i go to clubs on my stilts.  I have a set of pants with slits in the pockets to run the power supplies down to the bocks, so I can wrap my stilts and use other strands as a glow belt and tie. 

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »
Yep I think it was Kiola that was selling it very cheep on here a while back

I bought 2 of each colour off him and made a Projump logo on one spring cover that flashed  :Claugh:

Pic of it here

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3210.0;attach=2846;image

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »
I had some of this el wire a while back but after a couple of stupid fall's managed to snap them but while they worked it looked really cool

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:19 AM »
Assuming you don’t fall on it, How does it stand up to the shock of bouncing around?  :CGEEK:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline DevilsGreen

• New to Bocking and the forum! <3
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
Mines wrapped round the spring and didn't really seem to move much at all; then again I'm really new to bocking and still can bounce of two feet very well or very high. =D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »
Don't know I only used mine once or twice (they survived that) and then went onto another project (I don't bock often at night so they seemed pointless in daylight)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 04:57:28 AM »
Ya I've used el wire before and my words of advice is to put it somewhere it doesn't move because moving causes it to short out and not work here this is war I made but the under arm shorted out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73146676@N08/6833715821/in/photostream
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r