Author Topic: JUMPED WITH OUT HOLDING ON EASLY TODAY....  (Read 3203 times)

Offline 01273maxim

JUMPED WITH OUT HOLDING ON EASLY TODAY....
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:45:10 AM »
At this point i can jog and jump, Should i attempt a flip on a padded landing mat.
 :Straddle5:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:23:56 AM by 01273maxim »

Offline BitLord83

Re: JUMPED WITH OUT HOLDING ON EASLY TODAY....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 01:06:24 AM »
The first question is probably, how high can you jump? Be realistic.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »
Next question is can you flip without stilts either on a trampoline or on your feet

Before you start trying to flip on stilts perfect it on your feet with a crash mat

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline 01273maxim

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
On a trampoline i can flip and land on my back. I can jump about 1 foot or a bit more.  

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »
I think your trying run before you can walk (or flip before you can jump)

The best advise i can give is to practise on the trampoline so you can land them everytime and do them without thinking about the flip and even then i'd say go to a gym where there will be more people to learn from.

I HONESTLY  think this is a stupid idea wait till your jumping is better and wait till you can flip and land it on the trampoline

Sorry for not giving you the answer you want but the last thing we all want to hear is that you broke your neck!

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
I think your trying run before you can walk (or flip before you can jump)

The best advise i can give is to practise on the trampoline so you can land them everytime and do them without thinking about the flip and even then i'd say go to a gym where there will be more people to learn from.

I HONESTLY  think this is a stupid idea wait till your jumping is better and wait till you can flip and land it on the trampoline

Sorry for not giving you the answer you want but the last thing we all want to hear is that you broke your neck!

I agree. All we ever hear is "When can I flip? When can I flip?" Mastering the basics first is much more important.

Offline 01273maxim

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
Ok thanks guys for the advice.  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
These guys speak the truth and it is extremely unlikely you will be able to flip on stilts until you can do it on a trampoline many many times.

I know it's hard, but dont be in a hurry to flip. There are various stages along the way and if you've only just learnt to jump without holding on then you're quite a long way from the flip but if you are committed then keep going....baby steps :)

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
I personally get about 3 foot vertical (maybe 4, but that's very optimistic) and I still can't quite get a front flip. If I got a perfect form flip with max bounce I might be able to just barely make it. Here is a video of my first try, and you can see how high I got jumping first. My form still wasn't that good even though I'm used to doing front flips and other acrobatics off of diving boards. Hope this helps you in your journey to new heights (pun intended). Don't be discouraged, just get comfortable to building up to jumping a lot higher and you'll be attempting and landing front flips soon enough.

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline 01273maxim

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
Thanks, at the moment im not really interested in landing a flip more just trying and landong on my back on a mat