Author Topic: Need new knee pads  (Read 5780 times)

Offline wolf

Need new knee pads
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
I tried my stilts back on today to see if my knee could cope but found that the knee bar was pressing my knee pads painfully against my scars

I took my stilts off and tried moving my pads around to get them comfy but even without my stilts on they hurt

so I need some new ones. I thought maybe ones that are a knee and shin pad combined might help as they might not dig in right below my knee cap

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get?

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
Re: Need new knee pads
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »
Calf Cuffs....

...Simples!

:)

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 03:36:26 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/SixSixOne-Kyle-Strait-Knee-Black/dp/B004AV170M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327976575&sr=8-1

I highly recommend these.

I used to use calf cuffs for a couple years. Then I switched to a different set of stilts and kept bending the rods on the cuffs. I went through 3 cuffs like this on different stilts.

So I switched back to knee bars but hated it. After buying these knee pads it's pretty much no big deal. The all over padding stops any discomfort I had.
Leader of the

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
DJ, have you (or anyone else) wore those type of knee pads WITH calf cuffs?

I always struggle in deciding if new bockers with cuffs should have pads and those that do struggle in getting them on or getting the cuffs tight with them - thats using the old projump / dirt bike knee and shin pads, even the junior size.

Offline wolf

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »
DJ: Thanks they look really comfy and the extra padding around the sides should help loads with comfort, Just hope I can get them in a size that fits.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »
we have quite few similar ones http://www.ghostbikes.com/categorylist/Off-Road-Gear-Protection-Pads but we've always been told by users that the knee / shin ones work best with knee pads.

Offline XS

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:14:26 PM »

I always struggle in deciding if new bockers with cuffs should have pads and those that do struggle in getting them on or getting the cuffs tight with them - thats using the old projump / dirt bike knee and shin pads, even the junior size.

I use the same 661's with cuffs it works fine

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »
Best ones I ever had (and still have) were the Pit Dirt ones they used to sell on here

Just wish they could get them back in stock as they do the job well were comfy under cuffs and were cheep to boot

But seems like they arn't sold anywhere any more just glad I bought enought to last me for a few years

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »

I haven't yet actually. But I'm giving 7s cuffs a whirl as soon as I order a pair to try out this spring. So I'll be able to answer that then.
Leader of the

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 03:52:45 AM »
Don't know if these are actually in stock but this might help...

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/885071/

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »
Thats them mate but getting new sets of Knee and Elbow ones seems impossible (I need a set of Elbow/junior knee ones)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline wolf

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/SixSixOne-Kyle-Strait-Knee-Black/dp/B004AV170M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327976575&sr=8-1

Right bought these ones I will update this after I have tried them on with my stilts and let you all know what I think but they seem really good

Offline JOLLY JUMPER

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »
I find these the best ever....did some heavy crashing with them during my halfpipe skating period...they took every beating and always lived up to every expectation...they saved my knees every time....the only problem is that I cannot find 'em new any more....
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/moon-aggressive-inline-skating-knee-protection-guards--medium-canning-town-15/1000862685
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:31:08 AM by JOLLY JUMPER »