Author Topic: Blunt sounding stilt :S and any starting out flipping help?  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Steddy

Blunt sounding stilt :S and any starting out flipping help?
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
hey guys, when i first got my stilts (ages ago) they made a particular normal sound. but ever since ive fallen over on them (about a few months ago) theyve been making a different sound like a sort of 'blunt sound' doesn't sound as springy if you get what i mean. og course it is still springy but it sounds more blunt and more of a thump. any suggestions?

also, i know this is out of topic, but me and my mate are thinking of learning to do a black flip and front flips by hireing out a hall and mats. we know we are ready because we can jump fairly high and comfortable doing tricks and everything. but anyway, is their any tips on how to do the tricks? we can front flip on a trampoline its just back flips and that thing where you start out with a front flip and end in a backflip take off position. how are we gonna learn how to do it?

cheers guys  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Blunt sounding stilt :S and any starting out flipping help?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »
First video you bouncing on your stilts with sound and post it here then we will have a better shot at helping you mend them

Secondly you really need to be able to flip confidently on the trampoline before you attempt it on stilts and your best bet would be to go to one of the gym meets with one of the guys that can flip and can teach you safely

Joe Legg goes to many meets and if you and if you arrange one and ask him he may just turn up and help you out

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Steddy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
okay thanks for the reply, me and my friend can confidently front flip on a trampoline, i self taught myself and my mate went to a club, its just back flips

and i will post a video soon  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Steddy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:52:32 PM »
but the problem is getting to the meets, is there any around the essex area?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
Please dont try a backflip before you can do them on a trampoline.

Frontflips are a little safer to try but make sure your mat is big enough and thick enough for you. A lot of people travel too much in the air, almost like a dive and I've seen some completely clear the crash mat and still land on their backs so just take it bit by bit.

Offline Steddy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:21:58 PM »
trust me locky me and my mate are completely confident doing front flips on trampolines :)  and okay i wont try backflips ;)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
Front flips are generally safer to try on a crash mat for anyone because you can literally start with a forwards roll and build up from there.

Backflips dont have that luxury, you have to commit and go for it and if you cant do that comfortably on a tramp then you are very likely to crash and burn as you dont know the technique and even if you do know it, I'd bet you'd open up and that leads to landing on your head and suffering broken collar bone or shoulders or something.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
steddy if you can get to stowmarket on a train on sat i can pick you up as the ea bockers r having a gym meet this weekend all we ask is that you chip in for the cost of it it shouldn't be to expensive as i believe there will be a fair few of us there this week and i will be more than happy to teach you to flip as i will be doing that all day with a few others (once iv gotten my energy out of the way lol) the gym will be in a place called stowupland the details are in the recent column <<<<<<<<<<<<<< over there if your interested pm me and il send you my mobile number :)

hope to c u there

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
Listen to greg get up to stow on sat and you will have the best time bocking ever! we will learn you to front easy :)

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
Steddy get in touch with us it will be amazing if you can make it up to our gym tomorrow!

Offline Steddy

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
just read this sorry!

guys i wish i could but ive got work :/ but before i die i have to attend one of these! i need advise like on how to flip, my blunt sounding stilts and i need to know if my stilts are too stiff cause i think they are! hope you guys can tell me one day when i come!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
we will be having one every month so if you can get the next one off then come to that we r planning to have them on the first weekend of every month

Offline Steddy

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
sounds good thank you