Author Topic: Snow board boots  (Read 3953 times)

Offline GingerJumper

Snow board boots
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
Hey the other day I thought about getting some because they are made fore these type of binding so I'm wondering if anyone thinks it is a good idea?
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline BitLord83

Re: Snow board boots
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:51:22 AM »
Seems like it would be comfortable but kind of heavy. The main reason they are for snow boarding is because they keep your ankle stiff. With the stilts you don't need your ankle to be kept stiff.

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:30:23 AM »
I agree with the stiffness but I also think it won't matter if it is or not
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 03:44:15 AM »
No, it wouldn't matter. I guess I just don't see a reason FOR using the snowboard boots.

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:46:03 AM »
Ya I agree I just thought it would be cool but I don't wanna spend $100 on some boots

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 12:17:14 PM »
Alot of people have Snowboard bindings on there stilts they work really well Athoul and Chocl8 have them

Offline XS

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »
The biggest problem with snowboard boots is they're meant to keep your feet warm.  We're not bocking in the snow (most of the time), and you'd over heat pretty quickly.  upgrading from the plastic snowboard bindings to real snowboard bindings is highly recommended though, its an extra level of security and comfort.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
I would be a bit cautious as I think you will run into problems with movement

While bocking you jump up and down
While skiing although you can jump you don't do it every 2 seconds

I think you would get blisters very quickly in ski boots

Also although your ankles are restricted in bocks you still use them for balance in small movements

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
The biggest problem with snowboard boots is they're meant to keep your feet warm.  We're not bocking in the snow (most of the time), and you'd over heat pretty quickly.  upgrading from the plastic snowboard bindings to real snowboard bindings is highly recommended though, its an extra level of security and comfort.

Ya I aggre with you on that 1