Author Topic: am i making good progress  (Read 2987 times)

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
am i making good progress
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »
i got my projumps today and i can already walk around the house with confidence (cuz i have walls close to me incase i fall) and iu went into the middle of the room with no help and began to fall over but regained my balance i got scared after that so i tried to get back to the wall but ended up doing it again i just want to know if any one eltes is doing the same or can tell me if that is good or bad

thanks adam

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: am i making good progress
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »
Sounds OK. 1st off  dont think you have to rush things. Yes there are people who are doing flips within days. But they have experience of sports that helped alot, gymnastics trampoline etc. The rest of us are mortal.

2nd I actually get quite nervous, still, indoors- i think ill fall and brake something valuble. So dont worry .

What you need is a nice, quite long, outdoors walk. If you have a park with a long wall or railings that you can walk beside and grab if needed , that would be ideal. Make sure you pick your hooves up, if u scuff -you will go down. I trust you have some pads. With them if you fall straight over it is generally just embaressing.

Offline t r o c

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:05:36 PM »
Sounds good 4 your first day to me. I think a walk around your street would help alot too.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:37:38 PM »
Get yourself a long sturdy stick and use it as a staff make sure its up to about your armpit when your on PJ's I learnt very quickly like that 

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:30:14 PM »
Good Advise from Jason as this way you can go out on your own too, if you need support then get a mate to help you & walk beside you so you have their shoulder to lean on just in case!

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »
thanks 4 all the replys i will try these methods

Offline bitesize

• boing!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »
my freind got some projumps today and he was walking down his side gate where he has a wall and a fence on either side which, when i had a go :), seemed to work really well.
over there look! ------> a flying pig!

Offline oafc_bouncer

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 04:10:15 PM »
i earned to walk in about 5 minutes but i was lucky because i had a baby swing nxt 2 me and the bar was perfect hight so i could gradually keep takin my hands off
oafc til i die.

Offline Lil-Dj-Norb

• More Then A Hobby Its A Lifestyle
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 02:59:10 AM »
my freind had some before me so i learnt on his in about 20 mins after fallin over 3 maybe 4 times so i didnt damage his got myne tryed to run and nearly put myself thru the back of a womens people carrier window lol