Author Topic: Most Dangerous Direction to Fall?  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Rude Dog

• Radically Radioactive!
Most Dangerous Direction to Fall?
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »
Only had a few steps in my bocks as they only arrived recently and I've been working (12 hours shifts = Doom) and to describe the new sensation I can only say it feel like i have 2 new knees at the back of my legs, which is spiffing!
I was surprised by:
  • The weight of the bocks
  • The sensation of extra knees
  • The springs stick out so far behind me, like goat legs
This made me ponder falls, from my noob observation I think falling backwards seems like a grim way to fall. I can imagine rolling backwards on the springs and cracking my skull.

Anyone got any horror stories?

I do have pads and a helmet, as I am sensible.  :Cwink:
Bocks: Pro-Jump Exo Pro / Air-Trekkers Extreme - CZ80s
I was sneaking and peeping and scoping the scene, you know copping a major 'tude,
when I cut loose this bunch of dweebs, boy time to teach them some rude! Eh, dog that is...

Offline BitLord83

Re: Most Dangerous Direction to Fall?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:41 AM »
Make sure those pads include wrist/hand guards. I would say backwards is the worst, but if you can do it right it's not so bad. Look up "falling tutorial". I know Joe Legg did a video not long ago on it.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »
I don't think the direction massively matters once you know how to fall - just don't reach down to break your fall - that's how wrists are broken.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
Backwards every time  :Claugh: :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:
The thing is as you get better at bocking you seem to fall forwards more often (self preservation I suppose  :Cbiggrin: )

The two worst falls of the Banned for injurys were me slipping on mud and falling backwards onto a wrist with no guards call me stupid I have worn them constantly since (even when not Bocking  :Claugh: ) 12 screws and a metal plate

Clive sitting down after a jump (watch the vid you can hear the slap sound  :Claugh:) it took over a year for that to come right and it still plays him up

Fallen forwards dozens of times and not even scratched myself

Thinking about it sideways isn't much fun either  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Rude Dog

• Radically Radioactive!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »
I've watched the falling video and have all the pads and a helmet, I have even upgraded all of my pads already as the wrist pads I had in the original set were designed to stop grazes but did not have the rigid anti-wrist-break support which I wanted.
I now have the rigid wrist guards and better knee and elbow pads too. And some spares!

:Becky:
Bocks: Pro-Jump Exo Pro / Air-Trekkers Extreme - CZ80s
I was sneaking and peeping and scoping the scene, you know copping a major 'tude,
when I cut loose this bunch of dweebs, boy time to teach them some rude! Eh, dog that is...