Author Topic: Running  (Read 3190 times)

Dark Knight

Running
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:59:52 PM »
I'm a bit of wimp  ???
I can stand and walk but not really ran !?
I've taken the odd couple quick steps ( mostly when I've tipped ) but wimp out on going fastter than walking speed.
I did get speed up once but lost contral and got fastter and fastter and only stopped by grabbing a sign post !  :o

Is there an easy when to slowly build up speed or is it just a case of ' Do or Die' ?

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Running
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:42:36 AM »
Running is just a matter of practise, well, so im told, im still practising! Btw theres a couple of meets in East Anglia on 7th and 14th July, look in the "meets"  section :)

Offline oafc_bouncer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
try jogging on the spot then start going forward
oafc til i die.

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »
I've not fallen over yet and think that a part of the problem ?
I've need told the once you've ' Crash landed ' and couple of times you feel better  :-\
I'd rather feel better a NOT fall off !?  ;D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »
I felt like I was falling forwards as well when I first ran (it is pretty frightening) I tripped on about my 3rd run and ended up going way to fast to recover  ;D

Try to jog on the spot and then go forward a couple of steps and then stop again

Stopping is an aqquired art I use to just try and slow down and it took me about 6-8 strides but now I sort of  backpeddle (hard to discribe watch people on the vid and you'll see how they seem to lean back and jog)

anyway good luck with it and above all keep trying