Author Topic: This years canival costume :)  (Read 4522 times)

Offline billymaya

This years canival costume :)
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »
saddly i wont be able to use this costume on my stilts this year but here is my Ironman custome ive built for this years carnivals :) there still a few little bits to do on it ie a red metalic morphsuit and some fine adjustment :) what do you guys think :)

light it up !!!!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: This years canival costume :)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
Awesome mate  :Cswoon:

I bet that took some doing what materials did you use for the moldings on the chestplate

Also fab shiny finish on it

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
cheers jason its taken about 4 monthd to build i used foam camping mats believe it or not lol they are 6mm ones with coats of pva and then sprayed with gloss over the top :)

i could of done with some paint with a bit more flex to it but it will do for now its a bugger to move around in lol ;)

Offline billymaya

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
i used a pepakura 3d program for the templates and then had to piece it all together by eye lol

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »
That is fab mate I can't believe the finish you have got on a camping mat that is amazing   :Cbiggrin:

I can see I am gonna have to up my game for Haloween this year  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
lol yeah its got about 6 layers of pva/water mix painted on to seal the foam and then a layer of primer and then a top coat of red gloss plasticote :)

i dread to think how much it cost in matierals but it will be all worth it in the end with the reaction i should get whilst wearing it :)

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:16:20 AM »
Absolutely awesome  :Cyes:
Mate looks amazing!

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline billymaya

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
cheers buddy nearly done im just doing some hip pods for it at the momment and waiting for this bloody metalic morphsuit to turn up :s

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »
Great stuff. Cant wait to see Clare in her costume - Aluminium woman?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »
to add flexability for paint on foam you want to coat the foam in "plasti dip" its a pretty good product, but with majority of paints the more flex in the material the more cracking will occur in the paint.
Congatulations though, Pep iron man suits are pretty complex, youve nailed it really well

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline billymaya

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
cheers nero year took about four months to get it finished id love to have a go at proper pep and resin when time allows but the foam suit was pretty quick to make and im quite please with it theres a few things id change but all in all came out ok :) stealths tutorials on you tube inspired me to have a go :) next year ill be building some thing different :) thanks for the tip of plastidip ive heard about it on rpf but didnt relise you could get it in the uk thought it was only america ill try it out with the next costume

heres a finished shot of it :) with a bit of poetic licence  with the hip pods and the arc reactor :)