Author Topic: Manny from Milton Keynes  (Read 5702 times)

Offline Manny

Manny from Milton Keynes
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:22:28 AM »
Hello everyone!

So... I'm Manny and I bought some Pro Jump Exo Pro's yesterday and am pumped to get 'em. Had one go on some previous to buying and got walking and that but nothing to special. But hope to pick it up fast and be bouncing like a pro!

A bit about me. So I'm a keen martial artist training mainly in K1 ( Kickboxing with knees basically ;) ) but I also train in others such as Krav Maga, BJJ and the list goes on and gets more boring for the people who don't really care! Also I work in London at an Investment Bank which means my train ticket is yearly so I can get up here for meets etc which I'm also fairly excited about.

So if your still reading thanks lol and I hope to get to know everyone soon!

Offline muncher

Re: Manny from Milton Keynes
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
Hello manny..
Welcome to the forum!
My name is pete, and I'm an hour away from you in sg14.. I tend to go to meets in London or staines/ hanworth by train or drive.. I can't go to the Sunday meet but I am free on sat for a meet anywhere.. Waterloo is pretty good, bit I am open to ideas . Let.me know if you're free! P

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
Hi Manny

I can sometimes get out around the Covent Garden area for an hour at lunch times as I work up there

You are alway welcome to our home meets in either Staines or Hanworth

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
Hi Jason,

I would come down Covent but its just lugging everything on the train and tube at 5:15am would be a pain! aha

But I'm down for coming up Staines and Hanworth way for meets. Again not to bad for me to get there and would be good to be bocking with some other people!

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »
Hey Manny!

Welcome! (Not that I've been here that long.) What other martial arts do you do? I've just started my training to start teaching.

Have fun!

Ryan

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
Thanks Yeti.

So I train in mainly as I said K1 so this means I train both Kicboxing and Muay Thai a fair bit. Also train in KFM (Keysi Fighting Method), Krav Maga. Those two are more based around true self defence which is awesome! Ermm I've done Judo, MMA and BJJ in the past but haven't done those much recently! And I've messed around with Escrima a fair bit! Now that f**cking hurts if you get hit with one of those sticks!

So yes, a fair few but they are all awesome! And what will you be teaching?

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
That is a fair few! The style we do is called Kinjite Ryu, it was taught to me Sensei whilst he was learning in Japan as an add on to normal karate, not really as a style. He requested to teach it for years and approved it around 5-6 years ago and he's been developing it into a stand alone style. No real stances, no signs for what you are going to do, just aim for five seconds to have them on the floor not getting up. It's very good for more real situations where a spinning side kick isn't going to get you anywhere. He's the only one allowed to teach it bar a few of his students. A man a respect very much. He used to teach Wado and I think he said he is either Seventh or Eight dan in it (My memory isn't good!) and he holds 6 blackbelts in other styles. I've never going to learn everything from him!  :Claugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
That sounds awesome man! Never really done tha karate side of things but by the sounds of it the stuff your looking at sounds exciting! And the guy sounds like a bit of a beast aha

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
If you're ever up this side of the country, he usually lets people join in. Send me a pm if you ever think you'll be around.  :Csmile:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 01:25:26 AM »
Arrrr Grasshopper!  (thats a 70's martial arts joke)
You guys sound like the only one you need on your side on a Saturday night in town! Ha.  :Cyes:
Awesome.

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 01:36:26 AM »
We could start a bocking protection racket...

"Bouncing Bouncers"... haha

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »
Sweet Yeti! I'll drop you a message if I am ever in the part of the country!

And aha SNuD! But it's alot harder to fight on bocks man :S . On the other hand though I suppose a good split kick to the face will knock em down! And one of these >>  :PJ101John: << and you could knock out two of them! I can see a new martial art forming.

F**k boxing... Lets get bocksing !  :Claugh:

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
Bockarate sounds pretty good too. Maybe we should develop separate styles and have ancient clan competitions.

Offline Manny

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
Lol "Bocksing and Bockarate". Love to see these in action!  :Claugh:

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »
I advise you to watch a film called Rising Phoenix. It's pretty good martial arts film AND has bocking fighting in it! They attach blades to the back of the springs. Haha! I'm pretty sure that's the one... but don't quote me...

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »
Bock Fighting  :Cwideeyed: Maybe I shouldn't watch it... Might get tempted  :Claugh:

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »
I definitely wouldn't do it with blades on the back... maybe without. Haha

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
I have a pair of Hoofies with screws sticking out of the bottom for ice (Call them Spikeys  :Claugh: )

Only trouble is if you kicked someone they would probably be stuck to the bottom of them  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
Definitely! You could always have spikeys and blades... with a gun attachment that fires as you walk.  :Claugh: