Author Topic: 6 Years  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
6 Years
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
Today is the 6th anniversary of the Welsh Bockers. I don't have a video this year because I'm too lazy in my old age.

Over the years I've met some fantastic people and it really is great to meet people with the love of bocking. When we get together there is no "hows the job thing going" etc. I don't even know what most of the people I've met do for a living because when we are together we just bock :)

In 2006 I remember the excitement of getting stilts, being on this forum and chatting to Jono who lived a few miles from me in the next town. He got his stilts 3 days before me and I was soooo jealous. If it wasn't for this forum there most likely would be no Welsh Bockers. Thankyou to Naz and Danpe for those early days and appreciating how important a platform like this is.
There are not many of the old crew left on here. It's pretty much me and Kiola. Sprog, Jelly and Athoul stick their heads in from time to time.

So yeah, happy birthday Welsh Bockers.
The club is going out for a meal later this week (on me!).

Offline XS

Re: 6 Years
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
6 years, damn I've been at this a long time, I started about 6 months before you guys, never could match the energy you put into building your local community.  Keep up the good work inspiring bocking groups everywhere.

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:20:47 PM »
6 years! That's good going to keep a niche club going for that long! Round of applause needed I think! :)

I've only been at this 4 months and already I can saw that without this forum and members like Locky, Jason, Clive etc. I probably would have given up by now.

Congrats on your anniversary, I'm sure you'll have many more to follow! :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Congrats guys you have shown much dedication to the sport and its lovely when a platform such as this can be part of that - well done!

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
I still stick my head in from time to time to see whats going on.

I think its really great what you have done with the welsh bockers and I'm sure you have made a lot of happy bockers by having your club to go to.

I still watch your videos on Facebook and YouTube. I believe you have the youngest ever front flipper on stilts. and the first ever back double twist on hard ground, all done by the welsh bockers. So keep breaking records and keep up the great work.

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:34 PM »
Happy Birthday Guys

We always love it when you lot visit it makes us all try harder and Cardiff CB was awesome as usual

Bout time we renamed it what it will become Cardif Bocking  :Cbiggrin:

Looking forward to year 7

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »
happy birthday !  :Cbiggrin:

I remember back all those year you invaded the lincoln gym , what a day !!!!

keep up the good work.

chris