Author Topic: Pro jumps or something else?  (Read 5236 times)

Offline SterileBacteria

Pro jumps or something else?
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »
Hi there. So I'm planning on spending £220 on the Pro jump EXO pro CZ60's, and I'm 18, 5'4 tall and weigh 50kg. I'm reasonably sure these are the right stilts to get for me, but I just wanted to check with some pros about what you guys/girls thought?

Offline Davido

• The Ego
Re: Pro jumps or something else?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »
How old are you? If you're young and will be growing more then 60-65 should be fine. It might make it a little harder to begin with as the springs are 10kg above your weight, but you should be fine with a little practice.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
SterileBacteria, welcome to the forums.

Where abouts are you?
Yes they are the right stilts for you, no reason in the world for you to look elsewhere and I'm not just saying that.
Have you been on jumping stilts before? Do you have any sort of gymnastic/acrobatic/trampoline experience?
As David says the only key element is the strength of the spring. I would imagine if you get a pair of 60kg springs then you will grow out of them fairly quickly. You wont damage them but they will bottom out which is when the spring compresses as much as it can. On the flip side, a pair of 70kg springs could be a bit stiff at first and take a few months for you to get used to.
It's a tough call and not easy to advise without seeing you on stilts first but that's not always possible.

Oh yeah, if you want a bit of discount use our discount code when buying them, details in my sig below :)

Offline SterileBacteria

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »
Hi, I'm 18 and in north london and I do trampoline during the summer months at home regularly, if that's any help :) thanks for the advice though guys! ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:58:19 AM by SterileBacteria »

Offline SterileBacteria

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
Just bought them ;D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »
Cool, you got some pads too?

you should make it along to one of the london meets, they seem to happen about once a month and I know jason and clive will take good care of you.

Offline SterileBacteria

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »
I've got some wristpads so far, im' getting paid on the 26th, so i'll be getting the rest then probably. And thanks for the discount code, it can go towards the pads :) I'll definitely try and come to some of the London meets once I've found my feet ;D

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
Wrist pads are the main one. I thought I was clever trying to run without them and 3 months after falling over my wrist still gives me trouble :(

If you fancy a trip down to basingstoke or if you want to meet up nearer to you, give us a shout :)

Oh and +1 to the comment regarding Clive & Jason, they're proper helpful and some of he nicest people I've met! If you ever meet Locky you'll find out the same goes for him!

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum jason and i meet up every week end at staines or basingstoke iv got to talk to jason about this sunday as theres this place in london that we have been looking at for a while so we might try that it might be closer for you..where in london are you ?..the sooner you get to a meet the faster your pick things up,its strange as one person can tell you how to do somethink and you dont seem to get it then another person tells you in another way and hey !!!you got it ,,so meets are the best to learn things ,dont wory we are all crazy but nice  :Ctwitcy:

Offline SterileBacteria

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
Ouch! Thanks Davido, will do. Clive, i'm in Northolt, close to the RAF airbase, do you know it?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
Welcome SB

Yep Wristies are a deffo I was out of bocking for a month with a broken wrist due to not wearing them

Get along to one of our meets mate you will enjoy it  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: