Author Topic: want to learn  (Read 2865 times)

Offline lilyput

want to learn
« on: December 26, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
im 35 bit worried im too old to learn ,i weigh around 95 kg 6 foot  ,what size should i be looking at buying

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: want to learn
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »
 :Claugh: :Claugh: :Claugh: Too old you crack me up  :Claugh: :Claugh: :Claugh:

Seriously though lilyput welcome to the forum

Don't even start to worry about your age I was 47 and 120kg when I started bocking  and I'm still 6ft 4" :Cbiggrin: so you should be young enough

With the current series of bocks I would recommend getting your exact weight so you should be looking for the 90kgs but ask if they can find them in the mid range as  the 90's go from 90 to 99 kg (all stilts are marked on the bottom)

The trouble with asking for an exact weight is that they have to open a lot of boxes to find the right ones (boxes are only marked in 10kg jumps) so they charge a small summ to do it (understandable as time is money nowdays)

Having said that if you get 90's they will be easier to learn on and if you get 99's they will take longer to learn on but you won't need to change the springs as soon (most people go up in weight a bit when they get a good technique)

Most important bit is get wristguards and elbow and knee pads (I would also suggest a cheap skate helmet for the first few weeks as you could be in the minority that fall on their head  :Claugh: )

Also get along to meets as soon as you can even if you can't walk you will learn so much quicker amoungst other bockers

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
I`m 32 and a recent newbie doesn`t matter what age you are just go out and enjoy it  :PJ101John:

Offline lilyput

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:10:36 AM »
great thanks for replies ,just got to save up to buy a pair ,cant wait thanks for the advice

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:47 AM »
One other thing mate is where are you
If you are near southwest London you are welcome to join one of our meets and someone will get you up on a pair
There are groups all over Britain and you will find a warm welcome at all of them
Just one word of warning avoid the Welsh Blockers unless you want to get really good at blocking and go insane  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline lilyput

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »
 i live in west midlands  be great to find a group to join

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »
first meet of the year  , and it will be acroairs 4th year of attending the sessions.

so i will be offering a special price of just £3 for the full 3 hours of jump stilt madness on
january 12th 2013 12pm until 3pm

The North Hykeham Sports Centre , Moor Lane ,North Hykeham , Lincoln , LN6 9AX , Tel: 01522 883311

see you there

chris@acroair.co.uk

for any more info

any use for you ???    as will have stilts for you to try !