Author Topic: I weight 70kg, just been advised by pro jump to buy m70 springs  (Read 3058 times)

Offline sjwadd

I read on the website to buy 10 kg up from your weight, meaning as I weigh 70kg, I should purchase m80 springs. However when I rang to order them, the man advised me to buy m70 springs.

Can anybody offer clarity on this or confirm this?

I don't want to get them and use them and them be too soft, an not be able to return them because I've used them.

The man from pro jump on the phone said that it might be outdated information on the website

Which has left me very confused!

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: I weight 70kg, just been advised by pro jump to buy m70 springs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »
As i understand it, the old stilts require you to add the extra 10kg, so you would need m80s, however with the new EXOs this is no longer needed, as the springs are more accurate with their weightings. These would be cz springs instead of m, so cz70s would be your choice.

Hope this helped.

Offline sjwadd

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
Well that was my understanding too, however, the man on the phone assured me that it was M70's that I should be ordering, so I don't know what to do now

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »
You need to buy the closest to your weight you can get
Maybe go a couple of Kg over but not much more unless you are already super fit and good on a trampoline

You will learn much quicker if you stick to your weight

10 Kg over is to much for all but the really extreme

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »
Hi

The person on the phone probably confused themselves with the old and new model, hilly is right if your 70kg we did advise you to go approx 10kg up on them - the guide for choosing them was as follows http://www.pro-jump.co.uk/images/Pro-Jump-Pics-thumb/choosing-Pro-Jumps.jpg however when ur buying springs you can be more picky so if your a new user depending on how active you are in sports that require strong leg muscles I would say choose anything between 77kg - 83kg

Hope this helps.