Author Topic: Something different  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Gremlin

Something different
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »
Right as most of you know i organise most of the Banned Bockers meets at the moment :Cchatterbox:, and due to a few money issues and personnel things going on at the moment  :Cfrown:that i need to sort out, and the recent turn out for the last couple of weeks at the meets im not sure if i can sort out/organise and go to a London meet this month :Ccry:.

I was also chatting to a friend on the book of faces :Cchatterbox: a couple of nights ago who was asking me about the stilts thing i do and wanted to have a go and asked about people who done it in her area of Cornwall, so i said about coming on here and seeing who is down that way, but it got me thinking of something i would like to sort out for next month depending on if i can get the numbers and a few other things sorted out first :Cswoon:, so this is just to gauge the interest to see if this is worth doing before i go about sorting it all out etc.

Now this is just a draft idea to see what numbers i get and can be changed etc but please bear with me.

Right this friend i was chatting too who wanted to have a go on the stilts lives down in Cornwall and made me think wouldn't it be good if could get a few people to come down with me, thou i know most if any would be from the Banned Bockers :Cnotworthy: who regularly meet up but might be worth a go.

My thoughts were to organise a trip down to Cornwall for a weekend and maybe help out with getting more people to have ago on the stilts.

I was thinking it would be a good idea (This is where hopefully Naz could help and do me a massive favor :Cnotworthy: so if she doesn't see this maybe someone could point her in this direction) to get a few of us bockers together and go down to Cornwall for a weekend and maybe promote the stilts and forum/shop (If Naz could get a couple of T-Shirts made with the web address for the forum and the shop etc THAT'S THE MASSIVE FAVOR :Cnotworthy: that a couple of us could wear) and see if we could gauge more interest in the sport.

Obviously cause of money being hard up etc at the moment i was thinking of maybe booking a hotel in the area that had like a Harvester of something near so we could stay, i don't mind driving and can get 5 people in my Golf with say £10 to £15 each to go to petrol and I`m sure we could sort out a couple of drivers.  We could all meet up at the School if that's ok with Clive and those that are not driving could leave their cars there where they will be save, and travel down early morning on the Saturday to Cornwall, book in the Hotel then go for a bock and get people up on them for the rest of the Saturday, all go back and have a meal and a few drinks (I don't mean a proper session BLONDY :Cnah:) cause thou we meet regular for meets we don't really know much about each other so we could use this as a social get to know each other, then back on the Stilts for a bit Sunday promoting them before heading home again on the Sunday back to the school.

Obviously if we can get a couple of T-shirts from Naz and a photographer (Maybe Gemma as she does good work with the photos :Cbiggrin:) and if people show interest ill sort it out, cause i could do with getting away even for a night to be honest  :Cfrown:, and if the school is too far for some (Kevin and James) we can arrange meeting up at a service station or something for a breakfast stop then carrying on, If i can get the numbers up we can sort out like a £10 deposit that ill give back when we get to the hotel so people don't say yes then don't go cause i will put the time into sorting this out :Cyes:.

So money wise it should just be the contribution to petrol which should be say £10 - £15 and depending on numbers how many cars will drive down, the money for the room to pay when we get there(thou remembering the £10 deposit that i will give you back when we get there) money for food where we could just divide the end total by the amount of people there, and any money for drinks that we can pay individually or just put some money in the center of the table and use that.  Hopefully if i can enough of us see if i can get a deal on the hotel (well give it a go at least) and try and keep it as cost effective as possible.

Obviously this is just a draft plan and will sort a more definite price and plan with everyone's contribution when i get the numbers who want to go  :PJ101John:

Now i am willing to take time out and sort this out with dates that everyone can work with but only if i can get the numbers up to make this worth while doing and people say they will go and not drop out at the last minute. :Cmad:

So put any interest on here and what rooms you are after and weather you don't mind sharing (With separate beds obviously  :Cerr: so might be able to keep costs down) and what dates you are available for next month and i will see what i can do and sort out and put another thread up with all the details  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Blondy

Re: Something different
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
Id be up for it money depending of course  :Csmile:

Offline Crazy Kez

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:55:50 AM »
Awesome idea, depending on dates! I'm not bk from holiday until Monday 3rd September and then 14th and 15th September I can't do but don't change anything coz of me, sort out what dates r good 4 everyone and if I can do that weekend then i'll be there! :D xx

Offline Molk958

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 10:36:19 AM »
Sounds like a great plan to me! Im not free for the next two weekends but I am pretty much completely clear for a while as of the weekend starting Aug 31

Obviously im happy to keep costs as low as possible so sharing a room is fine, also I can drive and get a few in my car (5 at a squeeze) if need be with petrol shared as you've said above.

Offline AndyT

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »
sounds awesome, I'd come for this

Offline rapidhonda

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 07:43:37 PM »
Hi yall
Sorry for the no show the last few times,pain in chest,back pain,knee probs,too hot and busy doing other hobbies.
I will consult with james and we may well be up for a trip to cornwall.
I now cannot use my van anymore mainly because its been disposed off, the new one i have has a live tracker onit so cannot use at weekends anymore.
Will have to rely on james for future meets he doesnt mind but i dont always the spare cash to give him for fuel.
I mainly should be good to go any weekend from the 31st of august onwards but will need to know the cost inadvance due to other financial arrangements e.g. Life in general.
Please let me know
Regards
Kev

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
Definate no from me sadly but it sounds like fun

You might want to check with Clive before posting anything about the School for a while as they are doing lots of building work there so the car park will be full of builders vans so not a safe place to park  :Claugh: unless you like dents  :Claugh:

Hope you get it all together Gremlin and take lots of vids and pics

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Blondy

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
The weekends i can do in sep is sat 7th sun 8th or sat 21st sun 22nd

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »
So this worth doing and sorting out?

The dates we have are
7th / 8th
21st / 22nd

so what of the two dates are best for everyone  :Csmile:

Offline rapidhonda

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »
Hi yall
Me thinks 21st/22nd
For me and james
Regards
Kev

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 12:03:48 PM »
Iv got an idea i might thats a big MIGHT be able to use school bus to get us all there and everyone pays diesel money ..if the school carpark is a no go we could use scout field next door so i look into this

Offline Blondy

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »
21st/22nd  :Csmile:

Offline Molk958

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
7/8 is better for me but i can do 21/22 as well

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
I'm in plymouth, and would love to join you guys one of the days as sadly the RR have pretty much stopped meeting up and I miss my stilting meets! Let me know where and when (7th/8th is best) and I should turn up! Where in cornwall though? It is a relatively large area after all!

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 08:08:39 PM »
So I take it as its worth sorting out and doing so Ive message someone to find out a little info of the area for everyone and ill update as soon as i get some info and start sorting everything out.

Just check on here for all the info at the moment ill start a new thread when i have sorted accommodation/location etc  :Csmile: :PJ101John: :Nero: :Straddle5:

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »
I would just like to apologies :Cfrown: that i don't think i will be able to sort this out for the end of this month  :Ccry: at this present time my personnel life has effected the amount of time that i can put into anything at the moment and unless it sorts itself out within a couple of days i will not be able to give any spare time to organising it or even Bocking at the moment, must be a month since i was last on them which after doing it every weekend for a few months seams weird and needs to take a back seat at the moment :Cfrown: :Ccry: :Cconfused:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:27:46 AM by Gremlin »

Offline Blondy

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 11:33:12 PM »
Im supporting gremlin with this and will return to bocking when he does as he needs my full support at the moment...