Author Topic: Do you ever get to a point when...  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Davido

• The Ego
Do you ever get to a point when...
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been stilting for about a year on and off, however recently it seems it's been more off than on. Has anyone ever gone through a patch when they haven't been able to go to many meets and just lost the love a little bit?

Recently I've been so busy with work, personal life and taking up a new hobby (wakeboarding) I haven't had much time to come out and bock. I'm trying to get back into it and wondered if anyone had been through something similar? Any tips to make it fun again?

I've met too many nice people and had too much fun to give up, so I need to get back out there and get to some meets!

:Nero:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Do you ever get to a point when...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
Yep Dave

I go through it about twice a year
My cure has always been to try something new on the stilts to give myself a reason to go out

A few of the things that have got me back into it are
The walls in the car park (set myself a one month time scale to get onto them) It took me about 3 months  :Claugh:
The drop between the walls (did it a week after getting onto the walls) now it is one of my favourite and easiest jumps
The drinking fountain at the end of staines (that was a scary one  :Claugh:)

One day I will try that wall at the bus garage (the one you do so easily  :Cbiggrin: )

So to sum it up look for something that scares you and get good at it after all it is an

ADRENALIN SPORT  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:45:16 PM »
I know what you mean but most of my stuff isn't within the bocking community more out side in my work and private life, im trying to sort out a trip down to Cornwall for a night which would be Saturday bocking and getting people involved if we can, Saturday night drinking meal and getting to know everyone/have a laugh the Sunday bocking and driving home just to try and get some interest back into it, but you have a new hobby of wake-boarding which will take over as its new, then you will back on the stilts again after a few months of wake-bording can guarantee that, am i sure us lot will have you back(Your the only one who can flp at the moment :Cnotworthy: :Claugh:)

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
I`m at that point at the moment :Cno: my personnel life is starting to take over everything and im getting less time to bock

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Same here! Although I can't complain because I am lucky enough to be busy with pleasant things, so I really feel for you Roy.

I'm about this Sunday if anyone fancies a bock? Time to blow the rust off!  :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
Clive and I are tring to get to Uxbridge for a new place this weekend so thats available if you fancy it

So long as I can shift this cold by then  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: