Author Topic: Knee pads: Useful or a hindrance?  (Read 8981 times)

Offline ickle-nick

Knee pads: Useful or a hindrance?
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:34:53 PM »
I'm using a set of snowboard protective gear: wrist, elbow and knee pads (along with a bike helmet)

I'm up to the stage where I can run (badly) and I'm starting to try some bouncing/jumping.

The knee pads seem to be restricting my range of movement and I'm thinking about not using them, at least when I'm trying to jump over things. Is this a totally stupid thing to do?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
Re: Knee pads: Useful or a hindrance?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 09:44:02 PM »
Yes a totally stupid thing to do....IMHO

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 09:45:22 PM »
What type of knee pads are you using I've got the pit dirt ones that Pro-jump sell and they don't restrict me at all even under cuffs they are comfy the only minus is you tend to sweat in them

Offline ickle-nick

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:47 PM »
They're some bog-standard snowboard ones which are probably designed for a bent knee posture which isn't helping.

Thanks for the recommendation Jason, I'll take a look at the pit dirt ones.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:13:31 PM by ickle-nick »

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:18:47 PM »
I didnt use knee pads when i first got mine - i got bruises from the kneebar everytime i wore them, and they dug in after about 20mins, making it difficult to bock for long periods of time.

Then I started using the Pit Dirt ones from here - no more bruises, in fact they are fairly well padded so are actually more comfortable. I also loop the elastic straps over the back of the bock frame making my leg much more secure.

Id definitely recommend these ones and would never go back to bocking without kneepads!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:54:49 PM »
A lot of bockers like the Pit Dirt ones and find putting the velcro round the stilts really helps

You can see how Becky does it in this pic  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=180

Offline ickle-nick

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 07:14:40 PM »
A lot of bockers like the Pit Dirt ones and find putting the velcro round the stilts really helps

You can see how Becky does it in this pic  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=180

bloody hell, that's high :)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 05:13:29 AM »
l8ly ive grown a likin to wearin elbow padds which are basicly the childs knee pads in the pit dirt rangee there alot tighter on my legs and i find that the bit on my knee stays in place more because thers a little like bit to put ur foot thru n slide it up ur leg. can be abit uncomfy wen u sit down but u shldnt be sittin u shld b bockin