Author Topic: Splashing in the puddles  (Read 6574 times)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Splashing in the puddles
« on: July 22, 2007, 05:23:32 AM »
Ok before ET moans abit this thread its an experience splashin in puddles lol.

Was just wondering how many people when they see a puddle on there bocks they jump in them, as when me mattt n our freind glenn (not on forum) see puddles and are on our bocks we turn into 3 year old children n all jump in them anyone else

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Splashing in the puddles
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
Jumping in puddles on bocks could be dangerous, it's very slippery on them when wet, there's a high possibility you might just slip over.
Personally, I never bock in the wet simply because I've messed up my knee doing it before.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »
thats fair enuf we know the risk of fallin over and we know its abit stupid we dont go out in the rain to do it like if wer out n thers puddles at sides of the road etc we jump in them

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »
Puddles are like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're gonna get...

Puddles and PJ's are like drinking and driving  ???
It's only cleaver untill someone gets hurt  :'( 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:34:55 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:06:23 PM »
I bock at a farm which is handy cause they have a barn that is dry when it rains

The main yard is a mixture of road plainings ( like rough tarmac ) mud ,straw and big puddles I have jumped into one or two but I normaly use them to wash the socks off for more grip

and yes it is where I went over and broke my wrist  ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 09:19:26 PM »
Im just back from Wales  and as it always does it rained on  me.  there were 12 of us bockers ( had been 13 but tundraH broke a spring as normal - he broke 1 on thursday as well). We were in the Cardiff bay area when it started to pelt down. We all ran ( yes in the rain) for cover under the cardiff opera hose which has  a big over hanging cover bit.  But Dan spotted a discarded umbarella --- so yes basically went out and gave every1 a bit of a ' singing in the rain ' rendition. Oh and he repeatedly refuse requests/orders to put his pads back on ( grrrr).

A puritanical --rain and bocks dont mix   just dont do it kids. Is pointless. Cos it creates a barrier to be jumped over.

Basically, yes if you have a reasonable amount of experience you can bock in the rain. You have to limit what you do ( and dan did) and know you are more likely to fall.

BOCKING IN THE RAIN IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS THAN IN THE DRY.

But in all honestly it is doable, personally I dunno why any1 would want to do it out of choice. But if you are caught out in the stuff you can bock home.

Offline GRS

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »
Ive tried it

Slipped

Got a juicy graze on my arms

and never again

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 10:27:13 PM »
I agree Q wet concrete or tarmac are not to bad it's the odd patch of mud or slime that catches you out ( even in the dry )

I bock on grass and the tracks and ruts that the horses and tractors leave round the farm so you can go slowly on most surfaces if you are careful

But once you get back onto cleaner ground be sure to check the bottom of your bocks cause mud sticks and can be really slippy on tarmac (as I found out  ;D )

Offline scousybouncy

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 12:28:02 AM »
i cant help but jump in puddles hehe. i feel really stupid when i do it but i still cant resist.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 12:16:42 AM »
i love splashin in puddles you have to propa jump in them like straight jump up and down init for awhile you can get well good splashes lol

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 02:45:58 PM »
i used to do it all the time as a child (without my bocks)......WAIT   still do with or without bocks love it wen im with m8s and i cover them in water  ;D

Carl

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
just be warned.. that all it takes to slip is half an eyeball of a slug.. a friend smeared a snail for 2 meters and fell after running down a road.. there could be anything in a puddle.. just waiting for you to slip on..

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline DePaw

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 11:30:39 PM »
Don't you jump in puddles like a 3 year old anyway? No? Just me then.

Also, those odd slippery patches are the worst, nearly fell over when I stepped on a patch of mud on the road as I didn't think I'd stepped on it (My feet kinda get in the way of seeing the foot pads). I've learnt that the ground isn't really as grippy, smooth, or flat as I used to think because of my pro-jumps I quickly learnt to almost study the path in front of me as I walked. I hate random bits of gravel because they can get stepped on then as you lift your foot they shoot out and push the hoof, like a mini-boom under your foot, can be quite bad if you didn't notice. It's the little things that get you because you're looking for the bigger stuff.

Safety is more important than fun. You can't bock with a broken leg.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 03:19:38 AM »
i wld have to put my bocks on tho if i broke my leg maybe just the one leg i didnt brake n see if i cld hop still lol, plus i have insurance if i brake my leg i get £1,500 per leg, and if i broke my wrist like jason did i would of got £750 cool init

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 04:10:43 AM »
where do you get the insurance from?? how much is it, and has anyone enver tried going to the toilet on Bocks?? i di the other day, its a lil awkward to keep your ballance stood stil in the stall, good job there was nobody next door!!  :-\

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:26 AM »
When Im out with tundraH he always seems to need to use a public toilet on his bocks.

Out in Mallorca on my bocks in May at 0730 in the morning on my last day I had a last bock along the harbour front. At 70 degrees C puddles were the last thing I expected. But the plants had not long been watered and i managed to plant a hoof in a puddle all of 3 inches square. Only just stayed upright so unexpected was the slip.

Just you guys wait till autumn and lovely wet leaves in shady corners on dark evenings :D

but ive also 'paddled' in poole harbour on them ;D