Author Topic: spring broken after using stilts 4X  (Read 4591 times)

Offline prosurreyjumper

spring broken after using stilts 4X
« on: July 22, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »
A bit of a long winded q'n for all pro jumpers!!!

I bought my projump stilts a couple of months back now, however due to getting hit by a car and damaging my ankle I had been unable to use them.  I went out this morning to see if my ankle was up to bocking again and to my joy it all felt fine.  As I am still very new to these stilts and still like bambi on ice I had my good friend there, quite literally, for support.  Upping the pace to a jog I started to get a bit of confidence up and started taking bigger strides.  Whithin minutes I was striding up the road at a pace my friend could no longer keep up with.  This was all well and good until the creaking of the boots (which I understand is quite common) turned into a CRRRRAAAACK, followed shortly by a thud and a moan!  :'(  OUCH!!!!  Serves me right for bein c*cky I suppose.

The real reason for this whole post is I was wondering if any one knew projump's policy on this?  Bearing in mind I have not owned these stilts for long, have only been out on them 4X and have never had the balls to do a bunny hop, let alone some of the crazy s#*t some of you guys are capable of!!  Just seems a bit funny that I should have this problem with them so early.  The left stilt is still as stiff as the day it arrived!!

Any ideas or advice on how I might be able to have projump help me would me much appriciated.

Thanks

Offline GRS

Re: spring broken after using stilts 4X
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
Hi

I've hardly ever seen anyone having problems with the Projump springs so it's very rare that they break this early.

I know Projump only give a 28day warranty but they do look at cases individually. The best advise I can offer is call them directly and speak to them and see what they say.

Good luck!

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »
 First of all I have a bad ankle joint and to my joy find that it doesn't affect how I can Pj's { badly  :D }. If anything it helps, the joint is held in one place and spreads the load over the foot !?
 Second spring can get scratched and factured if not looked after ( Tape your  Springs ) . Where did you keep them !?
  Hope you get sorted soon  :)

Offline Taunton

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Ouch :(
Hope you're up and bockin again soon :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »
prosurreyjumper first off welcome to the forum

I would phone Pro-jump up and explain exactly what happened and see what they say they seem to be very good with genuine cases

Offline prosurreyjumper

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »
thanks for all of your advice guys.  i'd been storing my stilts on a coat racy, hanging by the knee bars.  They are still in mint condition other than the snapped spring and a scratch on the knee bar foam from where i hit the deck.  I can c that using the stilts may very well be beneficial for a ankle injury, unfortunately in my case mt foot was ran over and i couldn't put any weight on it due to the bruising!!! next time  i get a sprain tho i will ensure to bock on through it!  thanks again

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 05:51:56 PM »
Sounds to me like you simply got a bad spring that somehow got through quality control.
I'm sure ProJump will do something about it if it snapped that early on, they're a friendly bunch (until you upset them that is... only joking Naz! :D)

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 08:35:30 PM »
aww thats unlucky dude i have had mine for 3 years now and my springs hoofs and everything are still fine i admit i didnt use them alot but thay deffo lasted more than 4 times

deffo try ringing them i have just spoke to them about my hoofs as 1 is kinda "loose"

but i have put glue in it 4 now so as soon as bockers back eases off im str8 back on them

Carl

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:51:19 AM »
(until you upset them that is... only joking Naz! :D)

>:(  lol

;)

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 04:58:03 PM »
i think you should just ring up and ask what they can do or buy the parts you need not sure if they are expensive nut if you ned them you might aswell buy them

adam