Author Topic: Just got them today  (Read 3851 times)

Offline DePaw

Just got them today
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
I had loads of fun, took my a long time to be able to walk without help though. Firstly it took two friends to get me to my feet when I first put them on, then I had to hold onto them for ages just trying to stand up. Soon I was walking though, holding onto them. But through the course of the day I grew more confident and now can walk without holding on to people but still have one close in case I need them. My main problem is that when I walk on just my feet, my legs are quite close together and sometimes I rub my knees together. This is really bad when bocking though, as the knee bars catch and send you falling. Also I sometimes don't lift the feet high enough and they catch on the ground and cause me to lose my balance. I enjoyed very much sitting on high walls and wheelie bins which are usually far too tall to sit on. I also tried running or at least going faster but there seemed to be a limit which if I went any faster I tended to lean really far forward and lose my balance. Also I cannot jump in them at all except when I was holding onto the door frame with both hands and jumping on the step but even then it was hard to get the force to lift off the floor and not just bounce my feet with the foot pads not moving.

I absolutely love them though! Already had people talking to me about them when they saw me walking in them and plenty of 'wtf' looks from drivers and people passing. It was really fun.  ;D BEST EVER!!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Just got them today
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:30:15 PM »
Well done DePaw get yourself a long stick so that in you start to lose balance you can lean on it thats how I started it's also handy when you stop to lean on so you can stand and rest

Dark Knight

Re: Just got them today
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:09:59 AM »
Well done DePaw get yourself a long stick so that in you start to lose balance you can lean on it thats how I started it's also handy when you stop to lean on so you can stand and rest

I did make a pole out of two plastic water pipes ( one in side the other ) but found that I used them a couple of times then didn't need them !
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:53:18 AM by Dark Knight »