Author Topic: *Need ur help once again*  (Read 2508 times)

Offline djcs999

*Need ur help once again*
« on: July 30, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »
i My mum wont let be buy at powerisers! whats the worst accidents u the veiw people have had on these powerisers thanks again djcs999 :)

Offline t r o c

Re: *Need ur help once again*
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:33:36 PM »
Either ask Jason or see the gallery, theres a few bumps and bruises in there.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »
Also a case of how often do injures occur. My mate colin bocks about 2 hours a day if its dry and has done since november 06. So thats more than a few hundred hours. He has fallen over a few times. But wears pads so has just had 1 'serious' scr***e once.

I could list a few bones that I know peeps have broken. But they were done by 'kids mucking about'. Kids mucking about anywhere with anything from time to time brake bones. I know of 3 youtube videos of people I know braking bones ( though I just dont want to look at the 1 of uncle matt and his thumb). But in all those cases Ive seen people do 'almost' exactly the same tumble and get straight back up again without a murmur.

Its exactly the same for say, mountain biking or judo or inline skating or any number of sports. 1 takes falls and throws  but 'almost' never do they go seriously wrong, but potentially they could.

Saying that you do need to get the safty gear, pads pads pads.  We are serious when we say you can walk on this things in 10 min, but in the next ten you will learn how to fall over. Within the hour  ( if you have checked the forum well ) you will have learnt how to correct trips  and not fall.

Id really say to the 'rents that this is comparable to 1/2 serious mountain biking or sk8 boarding in the danger stakes.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 08:52:14 PM »
Considering my list of accidents in conjunction with bocking is like asking Dangerous Dave Osbourn for safety advice

I am not your average bocker I am clumsy and accident prone

To give you an idea the last time I fell of a horse it was a spirited youngster with an attitude problem and I was riding with a soft bit and no saddle at speed

everyone calls me insane or stupid (depending if they like me or not )

So please strike my wrist from the list of bocking accidents (it was self inflicted )

No wrist guards = stupid

Offline Dusty12

• ..Boing...Boing...Boing..
    • Pet Rock Net
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
If your mum needs extra persuasion make a fake website saying how safe and tame PJ's are. That's what I did. :D :D

Yeah, I'm back

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
Iv had mine since before Xmas and have never had a serious fall, no broken bones, nothing, though after a 3 hour walk not long after i got them, i had some pretty amazing blisters, and my first time sprinting i fell on the road and nearly got run over, but i wasnt hurt, and now i havnt felt the need to wear pads for months, because i fall over so little it doesnt seem worth it.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »
If your mum needs extra persuasion make a fake website saying how safe and tame PJ's are. That's what I did. :D :D

a fake website eh? very cunning......why dont you use the same one? then anyone who needs to persuade someone can use it!

But seriously, the biggest accident i had on myn was a couple of pulled muscles after the rose fair day, where i was pretty much on them all day, so remember to stretch as well!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 05:00:49 PM »
Iv had mine since before Xmas and have never had a serious fall, no broken bones, nothing, though after a 3 hour walk not long after i got them, i had some pretty amazing blisters, and my first time sprinting i fell on the road and nearly got run over, but i wasnt hurt, and now i havnt felt the need to wear pads for months, because i fall over so little it doesnt seem worth it.

You only need one bad fall to break something. If you aren't falling over you're not trying hard enough ;D