Author Topic: blistering  (Read 19444 times)

Offline steve76

blistering
« on: August 05, 2007, 04:33:53 PM »
ive had my pro jumps for a few days now.. and everytime i go out on them.. after about 30 seconds i start to get a severe paint at the back of my foot.. which then blisters.. anyone else experiencing the same? and if so does anyone know a way of solving this problem?

Offline Dusty12

• ..Boing...Boing...Boing..
    • Pet Rock Net
Re: blistering
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 04:39:51 PM »
I know exactly what causes it and how to stop it(for once). It happened to me and it was because of my shoes usually I wear my trainers which are fine but when I wore my school shoes I got blisters. It's becayse of the back of your shoes. If they are thin or if there isn't any rubber or anything stopping your ankle from rubbing against the back of your PJ's, then you will get this pain.
This shoe would be fine because of the rubber rim on the lower sole:

While this shoe woul probably cause pain:

Yeah, I'm back

Offline steve76

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »
ahh, that makes great sense.. my trainers are like, way too thin at the back..do you think thats the only solution bc im not sure im prepared.. to buy new trainers just for pj'ing.. although i could do with trainers but dont have the money lol..

thanks!.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 04:55:07 PM »
I have bocked in thinner trainers than both of those examples and dont get blisters. Blisters are caused by too much pressure on the foot eg. badly fitting shoes......

Offline steve76

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 04:59:56 PM »
are u claiming my shoes are the wrong size!!?:P
theyre snug.. if they was too tight surely it would make things worse?
maybe i just have crap feet..how do i go about growing new ens? :)

Offline Dusty12

• Pet Rock Net
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
I think it's down to whether your ankle touches the back of your PJ's. 'Cos when I look at my feet on bocks, It's just the rubber sole that sticks out a little that touches the bocks. Although it could be just a coincidence :-\.
Anyway, just try it in different shoes and see if the help ;)

These are my shoes, you can see the rubber bit on the sole that prevents my ankle from rubbibg against my bocks

Also, ive no idea how you could grow new feet. I'll have to try that sometime..

Yeah, I'm back

Offline Dusty12

• Pet Rock Net
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »
Sorry the pictures are so big :(

Yeah, I'm back

Offline steve76

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
np, i see what u mean.. tell me you didnt get youe bocks like tht? or are they a more expensive version?.. if not where did you get that knee bit from and such, everythings uncomfortable about my bocks... my straps keep snapping off also.. as theyre the crap ones u get with them..i can only ever go out for a quick bock.. a quicky haha..

Offline Jumpoze

• Rwy'n mwynhau bocio!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
Nah, those are the junior model. I'm getting my adult 7 league boots tommorrow ;D

Offline Dusty12

• Pet Rock Net
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »
Ooops! I posted through my brother's account. :-[
He'll get my old Pj's when I get my new onees ;)

Yeah, I'm back

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »
Also, try adjusting the stabiliser rods. Your footplate may be tilted too far back so all the pressure is on your heels. If you move the nuts down the rods a bit it'll tilt the footplate forward slightly, see if this helps at all.

np, i see what u mean.. tell me you didnt get youe bocks like tht? or are they a more expensive version?.. if not where did you get that knee bit from and such
They are the kid's model, they are for kids between about 8 and 14. You can only jump about 1-2ft on them, they are a lot easier to bottom out (because of the smaller spring) and generally no way near as good as the adult frame/springs.
Also, the plastic bindings wouldn't be strong enough on the adult model, hence the kneebar.

Offline steve76

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »
appriciate the help, ill give it a go! :P
thanks!! :D
and that junior model looks so much comfortable then the adult .. grr :P

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »
If you mean that your getting blisters where your heel touches the back of your shoe I think it is partly because you havn't got the long tie up straps on the knee bar so your leg moves up and down making your foot rub up and down

The other thing that helps with this is you need to retighten the foot straps after 2-3 mins of bocking I get another 2 clicks easy on mine this helps stop the movement

So tie your legs in and crank down your feet  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 07:41:06 PM by Jason »

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »
for me im jsut gonna try tieing my laces tight to keep my shoe on my foot lol as mine have alot of room to move so it rubs will report back if this works tomorrow :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 07:42:53 PM »
sound -- the 'iterative' method  or sux it and see.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »
Dave if your shoes are a bit loose go to a decent shoe repair shop they used to do a stick on heel grip type thing in rubber it sort of stops your heel moving

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 07:46:14 PM »
they are skater shoes so they are nice and chunky fat lol lots of room in them meaning they are loose nothing wrong with the shoe atall just how i like them also i keep my laces very loose for all round comfort but im just gonna tighten them up should keep my foot in place :)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »
Yup, i wear skater shoes, because ther so comfortable, never had the heel problems, but tightening them up gives you a lot more control, it helped me stop landing at awkward angles.  :)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:31 PM »
ye, skate shoes r best 4 bockin by far, but i have 2 make sure the tongue's pulled up otherwise the bigger strap digs into my ankle, but the blister stuff - iv never had blisters on my heel, but the knee-bar's given me sum real grief, granted that was after a 3mile walk on bocks to my local village when i was very inexperienced, it took 4 months for that patch of leg hair 2 start growing back ;D

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »
The very first time i went out on bocks.. it was in bristol city center.. we spent the day bouncing around the city center area.. both me and Jeezbo went away with blisters on both ankles the size of the palms of our hands.. straight after we went ice skating and popped them into our skates (NOT NICE) ... but with the blisters .. its deffo a case of what you got padding your feet .. and how well you've done them up..

for instance .. if you have your shoes on too loose they will move and rub.. causing the blister.. maybe (if all else fails) Just doing your shoes laces and bindings up properly!

Kiola.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline steve76

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »
errm, what if you dont have shoe laces?
mine trainers are more of a slip on, called 'foot sock' by adidas
they do seem rather loose but are fine for walking type thing, so i should go out and buy some skate shoes? would that help..?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 09:14:35 PM »
I use a pair of Karrimor trainers £20 in lilly whites london they're really comfy have laces and my longest on the bocks with them is about 4 hrs in a day

I've never had a blister with them

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 12:53:12 AM »
ive got Lonsedale slip on shoes, no laces, never had a problem with blisters, sore ankle joints tho, any suggestions?

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »
ok ive tested keeping my laces tight and it has worked for me  ive used my bocks all day today and i got no sore or blister either its the laces or my skin wasnt that tough there lol :) hope others solve whats up with their blisters.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 12:53:36 PM »
Hilly, to avoid the shin blisters from the knee bar; either get knee pads that have a shin guard or get a pair of athletic knee supports to wear. I already had 2 of the latter so use them. One is a very thin one so i place a small strip of foam rubber under it just where my leg touches the knee bar ( yep Im a real meany ;D)

Oh, to stop rubbing from the bindings and to make them more comfy you always add some foam to them. Something of the thickness and type as a camping carry mat. Secure with cable ties or even just selotape ( whilst you see if it works for you). If your feet are too big a bit of foam like this could also be glued to the back of the foot plate.