Author Topic: should i get my kids some for xmas  (Read 2528 times)

Offline 1052rachel

should i get my kids some for xmas
« on: August 11, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »
hi hope i posted this in the right place, my children really want these for xmas but im not sure my eldest is going to be 11 and is a big lad he is about 8 stone and my middle one is going to be 9 and tall but skiny at about 3.5 stone what do you think and help would be great i dont think i could get one with out the other i really love them and if the boys get some i can get a pair to.

thanks rachel

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
Re: should i get my kids some for xmas
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 11:03:02 PM »
well im 12 now i joined the forum when i was 11 i got sum and they are wicked

do yoiur boys want them and if they do then yoiu should get them stilts 10kg above there weight

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Why not surprize them and buy a pair for yourself too !  :o
Their great fun and can help keep you fit too. Their great if your 8 or 108 ( Well maybe not 108, 107  ;D  ) and it's not just a boy thing !?
But don't forget safety pads because you do have a risk like most sports like BMXing !?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:19:12 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

As Christmas is months away you still have loads of time to do all the research. Everybody on here will tell you to get some without a doubt! They are lots of fun and pretty easy to master.

Your biggest worry will be regarding the safety aspect. These "toys" are as dangerous as the person using them. With anything it's how responsible you are with them that will make them safe. Wearing the right protective gear and practising indoors first and with a friend or mum  ;D for support will always be the best way to avoid injury. Usually within a day or two most people are walking confidently on them! Unless your names Jason you shouldn’t have any major accidents on them (Jason is our most accident prone member :( )

If you are near London there's a big meet on the 19th of August see the following thread for more details - http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=724.0 there will be lots of people on bocks on the day and I'm sure the people present will be able to answer any questions you have.

Have a browse on the forum and most of the worries / questions you may have will already have been touched on, and if you have any other questions just ask away :)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 03:22:25 AM »
You shouldnt get your kids them for xmas you should get them before lol,

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:39:43 AM »
Hi there. A number of things spring to mind here.

a/ Try them you will all love them
b/Safty, kids 'muck about', when they do this in any way shape or form there is a risk of 'damage'. So get the safty gear. But look apon this as you would mountain biking. Most of the time 1 will come home hot and sweaty. Every now and again with a bump or scr***e. It is possible but very rare to brake a bone.
c/ You and your eldest will be OK with adult models.
d/ As for your yongest. He may be a bit lite for the adults at the moment. To compress the springs to get bounce 1 needs to use ones body mass. Additionally at 8.5-9 Kg they may be rather heavy in turn for him to walk about with. Also, will he be tall enough for the frame? The thing is if he is growing like his brother he could well be boarderline at the moment. I suspect the junior models will be too small for him ( and he will just have no fun if you and bro are on the adult models next to him). Now in 5 months time he may be OK, certainly would not be many months till he was really ready for them. In which case go for it.

There are a load of kids who bounce around Cardiff ( normally watched over by uncle matt of this site). I know 1 is 7 stone and there are a 3 or 4 that ive met who are alot lighter by the look of them ( 5 stoneish I guess) and they bounce around fine.

And yes where are you in the country?

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 10:11:45 AM »
Yes, Yes, Yes - Tim (16)  ;D

Offline Taunton

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »
Yes for all three of you....and don't forget to take the kids to school in em when you've the confidence :D