Author Topic: Safe Flipping  (Read 11224 times)

Dark Knight

Safe Flipping
« on: August 26, 2007, 09:09:47 AM »
 I'm off Skeg and on the pair they have trampolins which they put bungee rope around you so you can jump higher.
 If you put ankle weights on ( they'll think your mad ) you can try front and back flips safely. If you ask very very nicely ( tell them it may draw a crowd !? ) get them to remove the trapmpolin and you could wear your PJ's and try some flips !  :o  ;D

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
Re: Safe Flipping
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 09:17:55 AM »
wat a good idea i never thort of tht might find some and ask and film it

Carl

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 09:59:12 AM »
All I'm going to say on this one is trying to do a flip on stilts before you can land them comfortably on a trampoline (with no help) is stupid and will cause you injury.

Becky just got her knee fractured and will be out of action for weeks and she was using a mat and has been trampolining for years.
Just because it looks safe, doesnt mean it is. Be careful guys, there is no hurry to flip.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »
the bunge rope idea (harnesses) have been tried and seen as a bad idea in the past already

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »
Forget Skegness meanies said no  :(
But like Matt said now looking at the set up it would be a bad idea still it DID sound like a good one .... at first   :-[

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 12:01:17 AM »
has anybody learnt how to flip on bocks with no previous exeriance with flipping at all if so how did you go about learning how to do it, i have a trampolene in my garden and am trying on that i was just wondering if there was anythink else that any one has tryed

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:00:51 AM »
has anybody learnt how to flip on bocks with no previous exeriance with flipping at all if so how did you go about learning how to do it, i have a trampolene in my garden and am trying on that i was just wondering if there was anythink else that any one has tryed
I did find a website with a google search about trampolining I'll see if I've saved it !?
I do know that if your trying it for when you BOCK that ankle weights give you the feel on the BOCK's ?

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:34:18 AM »
I did find a website with a google search about trampolining I'll see if I've saved it !?
I do know that if your trying it for when you BOCK that ankle weights give you the feel on the BOCK's ?

Ankle weights and bocks feel very different.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »
i wouldnt even bother with ankle weights.. they cant give anywere near the same feeling as your stilts.. just learn how to flip on a trampoline with confidence.. aaaand then later aply you knowledge and confidence to your stilts...

K.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 09:58:23 AM »
Ankle weights and bocks feel very different.

Yes different but they weight your feet in the same way bock will be, you'll flip differenetly with weight on than if your bare foot  :o

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:10 PM »
i was thinkin ankle weights for the weight of the bocks i think i need to practice just flipping bare foot first then build it up to doing it with weights then bocks as i havnt flipped in ages not since i was at 2ndry skl

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 10:54:05 PM »
People say I'm flipping all the time  :o
FLIPPING MENTAL  ;D