Author Topic: Pull your socks up  (Read 4090 times)

Dark Knight

Pull your socks up
« on: August 26, 2007, 07:16:26 PM »
I've only made one pair of tyre socks but I just notice a stage I think EVERYONE misses out  :o
Have you noticed the the slide left/right when your using them, that because they are loose. It doesn't matter if you pull up your sock before fixing them on they some how work loose  ???
What have you all forget !?
When rubber gets warm it stretches !  :o
If you cut sock to lenght you as normal but the warm it with a hair dryer the rubber will stretch a bit, when it cools it should be a very tight fit !  ;D

I've not tried it yet but sound logical to me !?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Re: Pull your socks up
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 07:38:36 PM »
ive put 2 jubilee clips on each sock of myne and havnt had any problems with them yet fair enuf they havnt been on for a long period of time only a few days and its been wet will confirm 2moz if it is still the same ment to be warm an thers 6 or more of us bockin in cambridge

2nd pic is just to show off my new sox im tryin out

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »
I've found out an odd thing the other day. I took my JP's off and push the sock back into the middle but I put them back on the wrong feet, people where watching so I walked off with them like that !  :-[
The rubber never moved ? :o

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 01:07:09 AM »
Maybe it's because it was the second go at doing tyre boots or maybe because I heated the tyre before I put them on but they have not moved after a whole day at bocking round Skeg !

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »
2 jubilee clips didnt make much diffrence they still moved around, i think the movement is reduce but matttt and soon glenn will be testin out my sox rubber but so far so gd they wrk brilliantly on grass can almost sprint on grass.

Offline DePaw

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 11:23:04 AM »
Trixster, what did you use for the sock?