Author Topic: Yessssssssssss!  (Read 2505 times)

Offline The Dog

• Fly Like a Bird
    • The Dingo Dog
Yessssssssssss!
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:20:02 PM »
Ok, they arrived today  :)
Set them up and practised walking in the hallway (yes its a big hall).
Found that once I'd got over walking with my legs slightly wider than usual everything was good! took about 5 minutes before I didnt need to hold onto anything.
I couldn't resist it so out I went for a 30 minute walk down my road in the dark, seriously good fun no running or jumping tho - just a bit of spring in the step ;-)

I  had to take it very easy as it was wet and leafy.
Decided to stop cus I was going to get carried away!
Roll on dry weather...
Has anyone trimmed the outside of the foam down on the knee bar to stop it catching now and again?

Top Fun

Steve
Steve

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Yessssssssssss!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »
Good one Steve.

How come everyone is getting theirs all of a sudden? Are you all trying to make me jealous?  ???

Offline The Dog

• Fly Like a Bird
    • The Dingo Dog
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »
and... before anyone spots the deliberate mistake, I know they are on the wrong feet - this was the very 1st time I put them on, I soon realised when the clamps clobbered each other.

Bet hey - I'm old and I've lost the plot  ???

Steve
Steve

Offline Lukey

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »
But well done on noticing, easily done though and yeah when your clamps bite you feel it bigtime!

Offline The Dog

• Fly Like a Bird
    • The Dingo Dog
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:02:21 AM »
ow - acheing a bit today.

Who has replaced the bindings yet? what (snowboard) bindings did you get?

Steve
Steve

Offline dragon

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 11:31:52 AM »
you have to go through the pain barrier
day three hurt the most but i kept on going
day 4 its a nice day i think i might have a play :) and it does not hurt so much  :)

ive cut my knee foam down abit because it split

keep on playing  :)

shaun
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline The Dog

• Fly Like a Bird
    • The Dingo Dog
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 08:12:50 PM »
Right, fitted some 'socks' for off road use ;)
Got fully padded up - then went out at 7.00 and walked for 30 minutes then started slowly running - kinda weird feeling at first until I sussed out to push hard with my heel? then I was springing right back up for the next step quite high (well it felt high - probably just a few inches) - once I got into a rythm it was well cool - just looking at the horizon - in the dark bouncing around like a true nutta!

Then it happened - a Police van drove past and stamped on its brakes so I turned and legged it (dunno why - I wasn't doing anything wrong).

Caught one of the feet a few times but recovered easily, decided to stop running after 10-15 minutes as my legs were staring to feel really heavy.

A-w-e-s-o-m-e!

Steve
Steve