Author Topic: Shefford Gala- Sunday 8th June 2008  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Joe!!

Shefford Gala- Sunday 8th June 2008
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »
Heya all,

me and adam sent out a post about this gala a while ago but i never wrote down who was wanting to come along. I need to find out definate numbers asap so i can let the organisers know numbers.

This day will start in the moring at samuel whitbread with a carnival style procession with floats to another school 1 mile away. They are looknig for us to represent the EA Bockers there in the procession on our stilts in colourful clothes and once finished the procession maybe a display of what we can do in an arena.

I need to know if anyone is interested in doing this on Sunday 8th June and with this interest i will need to know if you can definately do it!! along with doing this it will be nice if you could also buy your own costumes, nothing fancy just colurful t-shirt and colourful trousers, matching if possible:)

should be a good day out and to show everyone what the EA bockers can do and maybe will lead to future bookings!!

I need confirmation of numbers by early next week at the latest!! please let me know by replying to this post or emailing me on hartleyar@aol.com or ring me on 07792252147!!

Thank you all and hope that you can al lcome and help out!!

Joe!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Shefford Gala- Sunday 8th June 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:22 PM »
Have you got any advise on getting there? You got a train station ect? I can proberly get to bedford and easily cambs via trains so whats the best way from there?

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:51:26 AM »
let me check it out and i will see :)

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
sorry i think i also forgot to mention that the shefford gala commitee will be making a donation to the EA Bockers, which i suppose can be used towards any future costs like public liability insurance, not sure how much it will be yet....

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »
If anyone interested can use this link to find the best train route to arlesy or hitchin, whichever is most conveniant as these both have bus routes to shefford. The bus fro marlesy stops near enough outside the school but means an earlier start.

For train times see: http://nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/

For bus times see: http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&timeOffset=15

I hope this helps :)

Joe!!

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »
this is just a bit more info form the original message sent out by adam :) cheers all :)

Hey Guys!!!!

Right i will start from the begining and then hopefully it will all make sense. Joe (another bocker) and myself have our own little circus workshop company where we go do fairs and parties for towns and kids. I had a call this saturday from 1 of the orginisers from the Shefford Gala. She has asked me if i could get some stilt walkers to take part in the walk. Its only 1.4 miles and would last about 45mins. I said that i should be able to get some people to come with no problems.

So here i am guys asking you lot!!

Is there anyone that would be intrested in this??? You will get food and drink and you can also stay around afterwards and walk round the fair(which is after the walk). The insurance is going to be paid by them so we dont have to worry about that and also you will get to dress up in colourful costumes and dance around on your stilts in front of loads of people??

sound good?? whos up for it??

Now there is only 1 bad thing is though i am orgnising it i am not there for it  as away with work for 6 months. So eventually will pass this on to Joe but i need to get some numbers.

Here are the details:

Where: Shefford (Bedfordshire)
Date: 8th June (Sunday)
Time: 11:30ish (Time Could Change plus need to be there at least 30mins before start)

Now if there is anyone that wants to speak to me in person then send me a pm with email address or number and will give you a call about it. Thats not a problem.

Also if the webmaster reads this (please do  ) would Pro-Jump want to advertise at all??? as most of the bockers will be in pro-jumps??? Is there anything promotional that could be done??? If you need to contact me then pm me and can always pass you my details.

Well thanks for reading guys!! Any Questions then ask otherwise please say yes or no!! as would like to get a mim of 10 there (and i have had 5 yes's )

Thanks Again
Adam

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 09:16:32 AM »
yeh i would be up 4 it i could stay at my grandads in stevenage so im there early

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
Definately up for this, only just saw it though. If the money covers my train fair, which i get money off anyway, i'm definately there  :). Urm, if your a circus company, juggling on stilts joe? could eb good i'm thinking. :D Btw anybody up for giving me a lift from Bedford Station? In fact anyone fancy giving me a lift full stop, the trains take like 2/3 hours :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:49:38 PM by chocl8 »

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 09:37:58 AM »
good thats one more person :) and im not sure how much the money is yet that they are giving but i would guess it would be a pretty decent amount..... but i have no clue really on how much it will be :P cheers for your support :)

Joe!!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »
can sum 1 put up a map of where it is coz me and mum dont no where shefford is

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »
Just google it usually works!

View Larger Map

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 04:32:51 PM »
ta naz thats not to bad could prob go to that see wat mum sez

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
cheers for the map being put up mate :) that is a help :) should of thought of that earlier :P any one else defiantly able to come?? All those who are already definatte could they please PM me with a contact number and email so i can give out specific details :) cheers all :)

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »
heya all jsut another bit of info all who are gonig to be at this fete will need to be at samuel whitbread college no later than 10.30am as the parade starts at 11.30 :) cheers all

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:40 AM »
Not totally sure until mid May but will try to rearrange diary to attend
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »
I am so there, just over a hour drive for me, need to know about car parking

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
ok cheers dont worry if you cant attend but if you can it would be great to see you there :)

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »
will also find out about car parking aswell :)

just a reminder to allwho attend: can you please wear bright colours as this is a fete/carnival style parade :)

Offline heather3

• getting better
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 04:29:36 PM »
Put me down as a yes.
Will be coming by car so againwill need to know where to park.

Offline Joe!!

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »
there wil lbe plenty of car parking :) its free and is infront of the school buildings at Samuel Whitbread!! Turn into the school driveway and it should be obvious where the parking bays are :) hope that is a big help :)