Author Topic: new group idea  (Read 4330 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
new group idea
« on: April 23, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
hey guys most of you no my website probock.co.uk well i was thinking after reading a post about ppl teaching others to bock and what do you guys think of a new group but a group of teachers who go around and teach people to bock and stuff ive seen lots that want to learn but not shore if they want to buy yet..

so i want ppls ideas on making ProBock a group and a helpful bocking site  :thumbs:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Dark Knight

Re: new group idea
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
You need to sort out Personal Liability Insurance for that ?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »
Its definately not as clear cut as you'd hope.

Even if you are not charging someone for lessons/coaching (for which you'd need more than just insurance) there is a legal grey area that if you are seemingly in charge of someone on stilts and they injured themselves or others than you could be held responsible.

I'm not saying dont go there but you cant just wake up one day and say im going to start teaching someone.
I'll have some more details about this and some other legal crap in a new site coming next week :)

Offline stiggy

• WWAAAAYYY
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
surely you could say your not 'technically' teaching. Jus say you happened to be bocking in the area where a group of enthusiasts asked how to do it. aaha

Do a bit of dodging  :thumbs: aha

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »
Yes you could and you'd think you'd get away with it until something happens.

And then you realise that you cant and get sued or something.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »
Rules suck..And it is true.You can get away with it until somebody hurts themselves. I teach people to walk on stilts/bocks at a circus group. They have thier own discalimer thing that covers me..although you dont have to sign it just read it before you do anything there.

I could be in a bit of trouble if anything happened but the usual things I do before is like let them be a judge on there servicabilty, reccomend all of my safety gear, make them wear wristguards. Then ask them not to sue me if they fall and secondly tell them they are doing at their own risk. What i do is really bad practice and I could get sued. surely you can let mates have a go ect? that is essentially what i am doing

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »
ahh i found a way around legal stuff :P

ill make a contract they just sign saying im not held responsable for any inguries and the person was not forced into doing it and was done by there own risk then i cant be sued as they singed that  :nana:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »
ahh i found a way around legal stuff :P

ill make a contract they just sign saying im not held responsable for any inguries and the person was not forced into doing it and was done by there own risk then i cant be sued as they singed that  :nana:

I have seen worse  ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 05:12:37 PM »
i have made a contract!

By using the stilts you agree to the following.

1.   You are responsible for your actions on the stilts and the owner of the Pro Bock team or any other staff are not liable for any damage inflicted to property or injury sustained to yourself or any other persons (direct or indirect)
2.   You agree to co-operate with Pro Bock in its defense of any actions related to the use of the stilts by you. In addition you agree to hold Pro Bock harmless from any and all claims, losses and expenses that are a result of your breach in this agreement.
3.   You agree to follow instructions from Pro Bock members whilst wearing the stilts. This is for your own safety!
4.   You agree and understand that Pro Bock reserves the right to change or amend any part or all of the terms and conditions without notifying you.

Whilst wearing the stilts you agree to the terms and conditions and must follow any and all instructions from the Pro Bock instructor. Failure to comply with the instructions and/or any part of the terms and conditions will result in the stilts being removed.

Signed:

Name (full)   ………………………………………..………………………………………..

Signature   ………………………………………..………………………………………..

Date      ………………………………………..………………………………………..

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
look good aiden..I may look at the gliding one we have for when people come on voucher flights.

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 06:57:57 PM »
i have made a contract!

By using the stilts you agree to the following.

1.   You are responsible for your actions on the stilts and the owner of the Pro Bock team or any other staff are not liable for any damage inflicted to property or injury sustained to yourself or any other persons (direct or indirect)
2.   You agree to co-operate with Pro Bock in its defense of any actions related to the use of the stilts by you. In addition you agree to hold Pro Bock harmless from any and all claims, losses and expenses that are a result of your breach in this agreement.
3.   You agree to follow instructions from Pro Bock members whilst wearing the stilts. This is for your own safety!
4.   You agree and understand that Pro Bock reserves the right to change or amend any part or all of the terms and conditions without notifying you.

Whilst wearing the stilts you agree to the terms and conditions and must follow any and all instructions from the Pro Bock instructor. Failure to comply with the instructions and/or any part of the terms and conditions will result in the stilts being removed.

Signed:

Name (full)   ………………………………………..………………………………………..

Signature   ………………………………………..………………………………………..

Date      ………………………………………..………………………………………..

Just one little error I think you should replace the word "YOU" with "I"  ;)
It should be writen as first person not second  :thumbs:

And I'm sorry they could still claim for you !? You should get them to fill a medical form to say their fit and able to use them, I down out some of my aerobic forms to show you what I mean !?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:05:55 PM »
Hi Aidan

Before I start I must say well done for a good try. I like all the ideas and training people is admirable and I would help if I am at a meet and am able

We had a discussion on Disclaimers a while back

I have signed a few in the past mainly to do with Paintball, Motorsport and Horses (if you think bocks are dangerous think again  :biggrin:)

The good bit about disclaimers is that in the ensuing court case you did make an effort to explain that this is dangerous

The bad bit is you told the "deceased" it was dangerous and let an accident happen so the best defence of "I didn't realise someone would die" isn't open to you as you just admitted you knew

No disclaimer will keep you out of court. But what will save you from prosecution is if you can show that you made every effort to protect the idiot you put on to stilts and that the accident happened due to no fault of yours or your assistants or was unavoidable (including signed proof that you warned of the dangers)

Now to your version Aidan (please don't take this as nasty I am trying to save your A**  :thumbs:)

1 The idiot that you (the teacher) just put on to Bocks is not resposable for anything. You are, unless they really try to be suicidal
So if you get distracted and walk away in the first few mins and they fall and injure themselves expect a law suit If the judge finds you (as the competant person) were irresponsable
Go directly to jail do not pass go or collect £200  :biggrin:(a little exageration but you get the idea)

2 If the Idiot agrees to this one the courts won't everyone has to co-operate with the court not the people being judged (quite a few companys tried this one and directors got their wrists slapped) and you want Blameless not Harmless

3 works and is in most disclaimers  :thumbs:

4 Good one  :haha: your asking the Idiot to sign something that can be changed any any time and you won't tell them it's changed (you'll get a good laugh in court just before they lock you up) This one only works on guarantees

If you still readin Aidan and don't want to kill me yet  :biggrin: do one of two things, either go to a solicitor that deals with these type of things and get a good one done or search the net until you find one that has been used for some other hazadous sport and adapt it

The problem with being sued is that it isn't normaly the person you put on the Bocks that would do it
It will be their Parent/guardian/spouse/and in extreme cases the Police and those lot don't see reason just revenge or money (except the Police who do it for fun  :haha:)

Most people won't sue they accept the risk and get on with it but there are a few that will and you must protect yourself as best you can

Disclaimers have a part in the prossess and should be used (but do get a good legal one for your own sake)
But training and simple safety rules to follow are more important

Do carry on Aidan your on the right track but always watch you back as there are a lot of nasty people out there who want to ruin your day and sorry about the length of this post

Jason  :Hoofies2: