Author Topic: First Time Buyer  (Read 14515 times)

Offline Intaru

• www.myspace.com/_djpenguindude_
First Time Buyer
« on: May 13, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
Hey Guys,
Seen quite a few awesome youtube videos and really eager to buy a pair of these for the upcoming summer.
Im 17 and weigh about 11 stone/70 KG.

Just not sure where to buy from, i can see there are alot of different brands and dealers out there but which is the best?
I read somewhere that powerrizers were because they do everything else the others can but apparently are silent, and more quiet then some of the others which can make a loud noise, is there any truth in this?

Also who is offering the best prices for them.

Any advice would be brilliant, thanks in advance guys.
With great power, Comes great oppotunities to abuse that power.

Dark Knight

Re: First Time Buyer
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »
Hiya Intaru
First you should go for 80-90Kg ( I'd say 90's )
There's nothing wrong with Pro-Jumpers the link is at the top of the page !
Their great value for a first pair.
One last thing when buying you should buy some pads at the same time !?

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »
and dont go for powerriZers coz some ppl on the fourm have had them and the springs snap go for powerriSers or pro-jumps
power skips or 7-leages and welcom to the forum

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »
and dont go for powerriZers coz some ppl on the fourm have had them and the springs snap go for powerriSers or pro-jumps
power skips or 7-leages and welcom to the forum
Sorry Greg11 but your wrong, Projumps are exactly the same as PoweriZers, they both come from the same manufactuer. The only difference is that one has projump stamped on them and the other has poweriZer stamped on it.

I read somewhere that powerrizers were because they do everything else the others can but apparently are silent, and more quiet then some of the others which can make a loud noise, is there any truth in this?
No idea where you heard that from but thats false information, most bocks squeak some brands more than others but this can easily be fixed with a bit of lubrication of the joints.

Like with everything in life you get what you pay for, for a good beginner pair Projumps are a bargain and well worth buying. As you progress you may find yourself limited on them so you would look to upgrading them.
The more expensive and better brands are powerisers, 7leagues and powerskips.

Hope this helps a bit

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Intaru

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:50 PM »
Yeah cheers that does help, so you reckon after ive actually trained enough, ill be able to still do front and backflips on  the projumps, or howso are they limited please?

Just thought maybe as its kinda the thing you only purchase once so maybe if it wont be as good to get the best.

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »
you can flip on pro jumps, team 101 does, and i am learning to flip on my pro jumps  :thumbs:

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
I was going to ask Athoul the same question!

What can you do on other brands that you can't on Pro-Jumps?

I agree other brands have certain parts that may be better, but also have parts that aren't as good, also when considering the options remember the difference in pricing too and weigh up whether the increase is actually worth it.

I personally dont think that you will be limiting your ability by going for Pro-Jumps over other brands, you will progress on the stilts regardless of brand and then depending on your ability you will need to go up a size or you may go for something different but this will be the case with any brand...

By the way I do represent Pro-Jump but feel free to let me know if im wrong   ;)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
Nothing wrong with Pro jumps  :) I flipped em, once.....still waiting to try again :)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 09:31:15 PM »
ive allways used them i find them fine to be honest! im on my 3rd pair moving up the weight classes lol up to 15 stone model and i way 9.5 =)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
Go for pro jumps for a few reasons..
the price cannot be beaten, they are genuine retailers not knock off merchants and the most important reason, THEY REAL NICE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH!

as for the noise thing, yeah its s**te, and you can do everything on pro jumps that everyone can do on every other brand of stilts, granted theres a CHANCE youll be doing it slightly higher on skips, but does an extra foot of hight out weigh that £565 extra as a beginner?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »
well... i wudnt mind a entra foot of height u no and yer as EVERYONE is saying Pro-jumps are the cheapest and best stilts u cna get for the beginner and u really wont wanan do flips when ur a beginner but split kicks and grabs can be done with them and they look just as good and sumtimes better than flips also no risk of breaking ur neck just ur legs :haha: :banana:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
The question of better Bocks is subjective

Some bocks are better engineered than others, some are better designed than others and some last longer than others

The thing I like about Pro-jumps is that if I had been faced with £600 or even £250 to try a sport that I might or might not continue with I wouldn't be here now

I may one day get a pair of more expensive bocks but so far I have had the bottom of the hoofs up to 4ft 6", jumped off a 4ft wall, and even had a go at flipping
I'm 48 unfit and weighed 17 1/2 stone when I started and got down to 16 1/2 stone within 6 months

All on Pro-jumps

So if you want to try Bocking I don't think there is a better Bock than Pro-jumps for beginners on a budget

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Intaru

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
Ok thanks for the advice guys i guess i will go for the projumps then as you all reccomend them, so just to choose which size, I am 17 and weigh about 11 stone/70 KG, but i read somone earlier saying i should get 90KG ?

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 04:12:12 PM »
90 kilo will help you to jump higher but I think its harder to learn. And does anyone know a US site that ships to the Netherlands? It will save me like 150 Euro :thumbs:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 04:19:59 PM »
Surely it would be cheaper to get them shipped from a seller in the UK?

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
Surely it would be cheaper to get them shipped from a seller in the UK?
Well I was thinking of the US because here it costs almost 400 Euro, and there almost 400 dollar...
which is 250 Euro. I dont think the shipment would be 150 Euro ;D  But I didnt look what the price would be in the UK, I wonder if it would save me money ;D :laugh:

EDIT!!! WOW!!! I thought that importing it from the US was cheap, but the pro-jump site is far cheaper! its only 135 pound/170 euro. Its even with free P&P (I hope that means shipment  :P) Now just try to get my weight up a bit (38 kilo, want around 44) and maybe grow a little (please tell me if this is needed when i'm 1.52 meters) and I will buy them! Theres also a friend of mine who wants them and I tolld the 375 price... Think hes happy with 170 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:07:34 PM by castlevania1995 »

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »
You might want to check but i'm almost certian that projump can't sell to outside of the UK

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 06:49:26 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( It looked such a good deal  :banghead: I've send them a mail asking if they could ship to the Netherlands and what the price would be. I hope the anwer is positive... If they answer :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dark Knight

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 06:57:41 AM »
It's all to dowith trademarks and copyrights !?

Sneaky way would be get someone in the UK to buy them and send them to you has a gift and just pay postage !? Don't know if you'd have to pay any tax ?

But I didn't tell you that  ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:59:22 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 12:38:39 PM »
LOL That would be possible :laugh: I just checked my mail and they said they couldn't ship outside of the UK :'(
My sister once bought a cd in Amerika, she met someone on a forum who was willing to order it and send it to the Netherlands if my sister would pay... That worked very well. The problem was the cd was 20$ and pro-jumps 135 pound  :( I think that I could trust some of you guys with that money but i'm not sure if my parents will... I'll go ask it
after school. Anyway if you don't find it a problem to do this please tell me. I'll try to convince my parents. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »
I would think about it if you got mega stuck

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 02:09:40 PM »
Thank you :laugh: Actually I could buy an other brand in the Netherlands but it will be 200 Euro more. I think I could afford it... but it would be much better to get them from the UK. Thanks for your possible help :banana:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
What brand are they?

Offline castlevania1995

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »
PoweriZers, 390$ =250 Euro includes shipment.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »
Powerizers are the same as projump. So just go for the cheapest and easiest.

I am pretty sure powerizers are same as projumps and powerisers are differnt but correct me if wrong

:spudT: