Author Topic: The WEIGHT issue  (Read 11771 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
The WEIGHT issue
« on: November 23, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »
When people look at buying projumps they are giving the various models depending on weight. Many get confused by this and are not sure if they should weigh themselves with clothes and shoes on etc.

My advice is to take your approx weight with your normal clothes and shoes on (basically whatever you would be wearing while on your projumps).
Once you have your weight you need to use a little common sense.
If you weigh 65 kilos (just over 10 stone) then do not assume the 60 kilo model will be ok for you. It's just my view, but always go for at least the next model up from your weight.

As an example, if I was 56 kilos (just under 9 stone) I would NOT get the 60 kg model. I would get the 70kg model. Reason being, many people buying projumps are youngsters who are still growing and could easily go over the 60kg limit soon.

Also there are some people on the forum who have been under the weight limit and still had problems with the projumps 'bottoming out'. This is when the person is at the maximum weight the springs can take and when you jump on them the springs bend so much that your feet hit the floor. This can be painful and takes a lot of the spring momentum out of the bounce.

But doesn't getting the next model up effect my jumping height?

It will at first. Effectively you will have tighter springs but you have to think about how long you want to be using your projumps. As time goes on your springs will loosen a little and your skill level and confidence will increase. You also have to remember that most people are not able to jump 4 feet in the air when they go on projumps for the first time. It can take many weeks or months, unless you  are a gymnast etc.

Again, this is just my personal view and if anyone disagrees I'm sure they'll post a reply. If you are in any doubt then I would recommend giving the projump shop a call to discuss which weight/model is best for you.

Offline pro-jumpingboy

Re: The WEIGHT issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
so if iam 10 1/2 stone and have 12 stone model should I have gone for the next model up?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:45:34 PM »
In my opinion, I'd say you were borderline. You'll probably be perfectly fine but to me not bottoming out is more important then being able to break the highest jump world record.

Offline Suthers

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:24:27 AM »
hi i'm new but i am 47KG so would the 55KG be ok for me ??? 8) ;D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 11:59:48 AM »
I'd say you were borderline. You should really be fine but in a few months when they have been used a while and you are jumping higher etc you might find yourself bottoming-out.
If it were me I'd go for the next ones up, especially since your probably at the growing age (I'm guessing by your weight).

Offline Suthers

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »
kk thanks how much do they usually sell for second hand??? :P

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 06:45:33 PM »
Got mine on their own for 100 quid on ebay but some people are asking for a lot. If you desperately need some for a cheap price keep your eye on ebay which what i did. Having said that if you intend to be performing serious stunts you would want to buy some new ones from a licensed seller.
Hope this helps.
Luke :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »
They're £184 (adult size with discount coupon, inc delivery) from projump.co.uk and you wont find a better brand new price. I think they are well worth the money.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »
To give a better example of the weight guides not being so clear cut...

I've had my projumps about a month. In that time we've probably only had 6 days of dry weather. I'm not very good, I can barely kangaroo jump and I cant jump over anything.

I weigh 58 kg and I have the 70kg model projumps and I can bottom them out when running. It doesnt happen regularly - I have to really push down hard or sprint but it happens.

I am 12 kg below the designated weight recommendation for my model and I can bottom out on them.

I don't know if that how it's supposed to be but it's not how I'd like it to be.

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:28 PM »
They're £184 (adult size with discount coupon, inc delivery) from projump.co.uk and you wont find a better brand new price. I think they are well worth the money.

So what is the shipping cost if they are advertised for 175?
Luke

Offline Suthers

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 10:00:37 AM »
are pro-jumps the same as powerisers??? ???

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 01:09:30 PM »
pro-jumps are the same, but with a different badge on them (a different brand)

oh and they are cheaper! :)

Offline arthur

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 04:53:17 PM »

So what is the shipping cost if they are advertised for 175?
Luke

the shipping is £15 but u have to take in mind its like next day delivery and its a pretty big parcel to send

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline cosmic bimbo

• cosmic bimbo's gallery
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
oks... after reading this thread, im a bit worried - i weigh 55kg, and im fully grown - unless i go on a pie eating binge... sounds a bit wrong having to go for the 70kg model - can understand 60 but... can you alter the tolerance of the springs, or are they just the way they are? ...looks like i'll be getting the 70kg ones - just not keen on the idea of bottoming them out  :-\
does anyone know of anywhere you can try them out? or have i just not read enough yet?  ;) thanks!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Hi there

I would recommend that you go at least 10kg higher than your weight. If you are likely to push them to the max and try flips, high jumps etc go with the 70kg model if you will using them lightly try the 60kg model as they should be fine for you.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »
Where abouts are you cosmic bimbo (love the name by the way...class act) as you might be able to pop along to a local meet and try out a pair from one of the more generous guys.

I'd say go for 70's. I'm 58kgs and my 70's lasted me fine.

Offline cosmic bimbo

• cosmic bimbo's gallery
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »
hi there :)

thanks... just a daft alias... ive just moved to sheffield - its alright :) where do you lot all meet?

i think i'll be going for the 70kgs... at least then i've got the option to push myself further without worrying!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:38:50 PM »
Well there is a big meet at doncaster next thurs night....thats not too far from you.

Offline cosmic bimbo

• cosmic bimbo's gallery
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 11:42:40 PM »
oooh - that sounds grand :) what time does it start / finish? and whats the postcode?
providing i dont get a last minute work call out, i'll be there :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 09:52:42 AM »
Umm I'm not sure on the postcode but if you google for Doncaster Stadium you'll find it. It's on the Lakeside shopping village and it's signposted from J3 of the M18.

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »
YAY! I got another bocker close to me, where abouts do u live? I have got two around me, although one is out for 4 weeks (psibeck), how would u be getting to doncaster? As i fear i need a lift if i have any chance of attending
Welcome to the forum too!

Offline cosmic bimbo

• cosmic bimbo's gallery
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 12:12:33 AM »
hey... cool :) i live right in the city centre, can give you a lift no probs.. pm me your details if you get stuck for transportational devices :)

gettin a bit giddy about it now, and whilst im really stuck for work at the mo, would be gutted if i got a call for thursday!

hopefully see you all there :D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 12:26:59 AM »
Hey

Thats great - you should get great advise and have loads of fun at donny

:)

Offline Burnsy2023

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »
Right, I've had some Powerisers for about 2 months now and I've started to try and flip.  I'm about 10.5 st and I currently have the M70 model.  I'm regularly bending the spring to the max and I've decided to invest in another pair.  The question is how many models up should I go?  Just the one (M80) or two....or more?

Thanks

Burnsy

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
Depends how easy your finding it to bottom out, if its every other jump go up 2, but if its only when you really push it only go up 1 bracket.

Thats my opinion
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!