Author Topic: Nofit State Circus LAST SHOWS TONITE - YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS :D  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Gixer

• EA Bocker
    • Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441
OMG I went to see the Nofit State Circus last night (Norfolk & Norwich festival) and OH MY f**kING GOD get a ticket, they are coming to London and Taunton and there are two last performances in Norwich today (http://www.nofitstate.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=76)

I've never seen ANYTHING like it!  The word "circus" seems wrong really, it's certainly not a sawdust ring and cheesy clowns.  You actually don't sit down for the whole performance, you stand up and move around the tent as the acts go on.  The performers mingle with the crowds at first and do daft things, there's a smallish woman who drags around a large rubber duck, a couple sipping tea above you, men in trilbies and suits pipe smoking, and guys in strange aprons everywhere (riggers).  When it kicks off it's STUNNING and you get herded around the tent as the acts unfold - the first act involves 6 of them suspended horizontally by ropes and riggings, backlit and moving/twisting to the music, there is a live jazz band supplying the music, there are STUNNING tr***eze acts, a girl rolling a ciggie while she tightropes, trampoline mentalist, firey hula hoops,  guys riding large hoops along the floor - you have to go see it!!!  I was totally blown away.  They get changed in front of you, they randomly hang above you eating apples, it's SO COOL :D

Get a ticket for today or you will *really* miss out  :D  They are £15 but totally worth it!

http://www.nofitstate.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=76

:banana: :banana:
Rachel Smith - www.tk2441.co.uk

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Nofit State Circus LAST SHOWS TONITE - YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS :D
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
It is a good show, they had their tent in the centre of the basin at cardiff, they are based here and nofear and jake used to go to their circus school thing.
Deffo worth checking out.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Nofit State Circus LAST SHOWS TONITE - YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS :D
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:59:19 PM »
Sounds very CirqueDuSoleil. Plus moving the audience around.
Could be interesting to see, but Cirque will always be best :D