Author Topic: What are classed as essentials?  (Read 7256 times)

Offline PowerJoe

What are classed as essentials?
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »
Are there any modification's to Bocks that people would class as essential for getting the optimum performance out of Bocks?  ??? ??? ???

Offline Mangobyte

• Mostly Harmless
Re: What are classed as essentials?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
Hey, Joe; congratz on gettin the bocks.  I asked a similar question and got a few good responses.  Check it out: http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2252.0
<a href="http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.thompson-oakes.com/mangobytesig.swf</a>

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »
Hey thanks for the one reply everyone :thumbs: Isnt this supposed to be a really active site ???

Thanks, i found a website halfway through the discussion [ http://stiltmodz.com/ ] very useful, cant wait till it has been completed fully. Helps out a lot, thanks

Joe

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »
This site is active and people are very helpful..but same questions are asked quite a lot. mangobyte asked the same question this week and the answer was there in the thread he gave you.

There is so much info on here. If you read, browse through the relevant boards you will almost certainly find an answer to your questions and a loads of other useful stuff (and some not so useful) you probably didnt know before

:spudT:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 04:23:15 PM »
a pair of my tyre socks are essential, arnt they spud :Hoofies2:

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »
What a show of selfles advertising there!! lol!!  Why not try this one . ..

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=892

So much easyer, and they last longer than tyre socks (I have found)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »

Hell yeah! Loving the ones of yours I am using atm. (the black and grey ones) They are just awesome. Give really good grip and hardly wear at all.

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »

Hey, i went looking through you website but i couldnt find where you are selling these. Would you be able to post me a link please, thanks

Joe

Offline theonlysilenthunter

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Yeh you around in the summer toddy?? cos i want a pair of those white and the two tone grey kevlar ones!!

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
well i am ment to be back to lowestoft each mouth so i can bring them then

if you want some of the new ones i do i will put them on ebay with a buy it now for you, what colour do you want, i got pink, green or white(the ones that spud and i use)
and i do have some other ones as well, that are here
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=classifieds;sa=view;id=32
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=classifieds;sa=view;id=31
thanks, and if you want pic's of te coloured ones i will get some asap

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
Like Hex, I'm putting trainers on mine. ;D I know most people think they look stupid, but I think it looks cool. :) Especially when you have bocking trowsers on too! :D

Weirdness for the win! :D
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:04:37 PM »
if you want some of the new ones i do i will put them on ebay with a buy it now for you, what colour do you want, i got pink, green or white(the ones that spud and i use)

Hey toddy, dont know if that was directed at me or not but i would love some white ones ;D (are they like the ones in the links?)

If they are like in the links then could you direct me to where i could buy a white pair please, thankyou  :biggrin:

Joe

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »
OK Joe, there r no mods to improve performance, that is ability ann advice and coaching and all that stuff.

The mods are basically to strtch out the life span of your kit.  

So taping your springs ( go find links) cos if u damage a spring it may fail prmaturly

Hooves  tyre sox/hoofies/trainers  take your px and go find link.

Ok hands up 4 an intrest  re waering trainers. Go 4 kiddie hi top converse --or simila cheaper.  Adult trainers loose u bounce un fel horrible.

Kidie ones  thinner sole  so a more positive bounce --well thats wot ive found  Yep Ive tested it  and there are pix and prob a vid or 2 to show  me on me kidie converse  kidie size 11  btw  but im sure tesco or asda do somat vvv simila

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »
Seen your kiddie converse on PP. They look so cute and I imagine do work better..the adult ones cover more of the metal bit..that how hex cheats with getting up :p

And Joe...the tire socks toddy gave a link to are not the coloured (white,green,black,pink). I have not tried the ones shown in the links but the coloured ones are the best I have ever used. I totally recommend them. They give real good grip and are very hard wearing.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 09:15:22 PM »
here is some pic's of them, i just took them

pink

green ones

white one

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
thanks for the nice pics and all. But how do i buy them? none of your links take me to these ???

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 06:38:10 AM »
well if you tell me what you want i will make you some, (if i have the tyre spair) and then put them on here for you.

they are not on here yet as i have not finished making them

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:59 PM »
Ah, ok. Would i be able to have a piar of White Tire Socks please for the pr5070 2008 edition Bocks, thankyou  ;D