Author Topic: Are PJ's any good?  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
Are PJ's any good?
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
I have a Q or 3 guys, I knows ya gets what ya pays for,but being as I've not got anything to make a comparison with and only what I can read to rely on, are PJ's good value for money? 7's are roughly a ton more than PJ's,are they superior in quality or just overpriced? Already done a bit of reading here and it would seem that the hooves can wear out quite quickly...I found the site for 7's so I can get those hooves if need be. Do they bolt straight on to PJ's or require modding in any way?
Sorry to be long winded but I really want to get the best out of my new stilts! ??? ??? :biggrin:

Cheers in advance!

-Nobby

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Are PJ's any good?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »
7's are worth every penny of what you pay for them and are of a higher build quality than projumps.

However Projumps are a bargain to get you into the sport and if your on a budget then you should go for these stilts, however if you have the extra money most people who have tried both 7's and projumps would agree that the 7's are worth the extra 100 or so you pay.

Then again, thats all just my opinion
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »
Thanks for your feedback. I guess once I get used to them, I'll probably spend the extra dosh. Saying that,  PJ Elites are coming soon.... :laugh: :laugh:

Nobby

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:01 AM »
PJ Elites are coming soon.... :laugh: :laugh:

Nope, they have been stopped being manufactured due to major design problems, Naz said they are making a new model but is unsure as the release date for these so don't hold your breath.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:48:35 AM »
Most people get the PJ's first time and upgrade later when they need too. I really like my PJs and I have learnt lots on them. But the springs on the sevens are much nicer to use. Doesnt mean you will get more height out of them but just much nicer experience.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »
if you are athletic and acrobatic get yourself some 7's....otherwise get some PJ's. PJ's are a good begginer stilt and will serve you quite well while learning. They also have the best customer service, should you have a problem with your bocks they will do their best to sort the problem out. 7's in my opinion feel more stable in the air and have a nice fluid motion through the bounce. Ask yourself this "will I be bocking in a years time" if the answer is yes....then get 7's or PJ's.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:13:58 PM »
ok sorry but stupid question to start the convo, Are PJ's any good?

u do realise how many peole have got these no there not good........

THERE FOOKING AWSOME anyone that dont have em that sees u get scared your that big on them its fun!!

POWERIZERS FOR THE WIN :)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
He doesn't mean is the sport any good?

He means are PJ's any good in comparision to other brands of stilts

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »
 :haha: Plonker! Nobby where do you live? If possible head down to a meet and I am sure people would let you have try..if not the you are going to have to guess.

Whatever you choose you wont be dissapointed.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »
Thanks Spud! I live in Jersey. So any meets would always mean me having to hop on a plane and travel north! :biggrin: I'm sure I'll be more than happy when my PJ's arrive. I'll probably be the first bocker in the island as I've not seen anyone over here with springs as yet!  :banana: