Author Topic: Oasby Country Fayre/Family Fun Day ( RFP )  (Read 9818 times)

Dark Knight

Oasby Country Fayre/Family Fun Day ( RFP )
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »
I've just been sent this email

Having seen your skills at the Boston Princess Royal Sports Arena yesterday, I am enquiring about the availability of you and your colleagues at the GIFTS Hospice Country Fayre/Family Fun Day to be held on 31st August at Oasby – a small but delightful village between Grantham and Sleaford.   The fayre will take place on an estate of 120 acres of land which can easily accommodate a variety of stalls and entertainment.

It pays to go to these sort of meets to show people that Bocking is not only fun not Bockers are nice poeple  :)

I've sent an email back asking for some details but anyone think they'd like to go ?

Show your stilts and they can get in for free ( if you like ? )
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:44:00 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Oasby Country Fayre/Family Fun Day ( RFP )
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
yup, i'm up for it, any pay involved, if i may be so cheeky?  :P

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »
What part of the country is that? I've never heard of those places.
...I suppose I could be less lazy and look them up. :)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »
its about 8-10 miles north east of grantham

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »
i could be up for it

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:18:37 PM »
Count me in if i can get their =]

Mini Ellis xx

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
I've had another email which does bring up a couple of points !?

Thanks for your prompt response.   Having seen you at Boston, I would say pretty much the same type of programme/act/display at Oasby.   Also, could you do something ‘group co-ordinated’ in the arena for say, 10 or 15 minutes?    The potential for aerobatics and feats seems endless!   You seemed to attract quite a following on Sunday and I overhead a couple of youngsters (and some a bit older!) asking for stilts to be put on their Christmas lists.

Because of Health and Safety and Risk Assessment etc I have to ask about insurance.   Do you carry your own or would we need to ensure that you were covered under ours?   Also, as we are holding the event for our Hospice, I have to count every penny, so would there be any costs involved?   If so, can you give me an estimate. 

1) What can we do it the arena for 10-15 minutes ?
We where booping alone with the music may grab a mat for some flips ??

2) Insurance !?
I'm going to get some and I think it a good idea for all of us  :-\
There a link on the forum somewhere !?

3) Cost ? This is a tricky one !? I know it we should ask for something for petrol (maybe not time ) but this is a charity ? What would you charge if any !?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »
ok my advice after doing shows like this last year and this year.

Get insurance :) all of you.
If you dont have someone who can flip on concrete, dont flip. Forget a mat.
Do what you can do.

It's a charity event. You cant charge for this. If travel costs are an issue for some people then perhaps they shouldnt attend.

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 06:40:39 AM »
It's a charity event. You cant charge for this. If travel costs are an issue for some people then perhaps they shouldnt attend.
Three of us where at charity fair on Sunday, it was only a £1 entry but we never paid.
Before you say anything every time a bucket came round I put my change in it, so we ended up putting more in !
If they ask you to go the least/most you ask for is free entry  (not that you don't have to give something ) :)
We get a place for a meet ( maybe things to eat/drink ) and where we'll not get kick out of and they get us bocking around.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 06:48:50 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline tom951guitar

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »
i would love to come (as its a sunday, i dont have to work on sundays  ;D) but travel may be a problem, is anyone driving there that i could hitch a lift with? i'd donate to petrol and all. if not does anyone know where the nearest train station is to Oasby?

tom

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »
Just had an email from them and they said this :-

I have told our insurance people that you and your fellow bockers are doing your bocking as a hobby and therefore carry no specific public liability insurance.   We have been advised that if there was a claim against any of the bockers for whatever reason, the first call would be yourselves and your household insurance (apparently household insurance normally covers carrying out a hobby).

I'll email for detail about times I think they'd be happy to know we are coming for a bounce about but would like to know what sort of numbers would be there !?

I have a car (  :banana: ) now if your on route and need a left get your thumb out  :o
Ask me I may even go out of my way for you  :Dark_Knight:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:49:23 PM by Dark Knight »

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 05:56:30 PM »
It's only 25 miles for me so I'll off just wonder if anyones coming for a look .
We only have to bounce about and enjoy ourselfs.

They spotted us at the another fate just bouncing about and chatting and just would us to turn up ( my dancing didn't put them off either ).

I don't how big it is but it's a charity fate and for me it's on my door step so I'll be there. These fun days are a great way to show how nice we Bockers are :angel:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:35:04 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
I should be able to get there, under the condition my mate in Doncaster drives me down ^^
Ill see what can happen.
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »
ooo dat sounds well fun too far for me like but woop u gotta get piccys

hsud let some of the people have a go like people bring there spares and let people walk around on them (like the horses in blackpool)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »
I think it was Locky that said something about the public not going on stilts in a CB post... If they were to fall and injure themselves... or just injure... We would be held accountable... which would look bad.

Dono, maybe theres a way around it all but I would strongly advise against it to be honest.
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »
It's one thing some meet you and trying your pair on but I'd say that it's a bad idea for them trying at fate's.

If their not near you just tell them to get in touch a local bocker after all they'll be te bockers they'll get to know best  :)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 07:02:44 PM »
i found a way round that ages ago

write urself a legal binding contract stating if they ingure themselves it was of there own doing gets u out of any sticky situations aslong as u got there signiture they cant sue you :biggrin: :thumbs:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
I dont know if thats genious or evil... or even legal XD
Dont you need like a lawyar present?..
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 09:21:49 PM »
So what time does the Fate start and what would be the addeal time for the bockers (en-mass or individually) to arrive?
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Dark Knight

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »
So what time does the Fate start and what would be the addeal time for the bockers (en-mass or individually) to arrive?
I'll email them and get more details.

If you turn up just have a bock about and enjoy yourself that's what we did at the Boston one they spotted us at. We just chatted and bocked around a bit nothing hard Do-it-On-Bock did did join the belly dancing  :banana:
They did ask if we could do a 15 minuet spot but that would need workout but if anyone can do a trick and it's in a safe place just do one !

Dark Knight

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »
If you show your stilts at the gate you could get in for free ?
But this is a charity event so bring some money to spend there  :angel:

Will it be just me a Tigger there  :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:08:34 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »
Nien! DK!
Im bringing a mate along to }:]
Hopefully more people are coming?

Are guys are coming? ARNT YOU?!
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Dark Knight

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 11:46:40 PM »
I'll have the roofboxs on the car but sorry no BBQ yet  :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:56:41 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:24 PM »
Thats too bad, I was looking forward to a roof topped BBQ :P

Weather doesnt look to promising for Sunday... but Ill still be there!

Mmm.. Bock Dog...
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Dark Knight

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 12:38:45 AM »
I've just seen the weather  :-\
Not got opening times or other details but it's only 20 miles so I may as well take a look.
I'm just turning up and winging it see what's happening.
If it's real bad weather I'll post something Sunday morning  :-\