Author Topic: Theyre so bad?  (Read 7593 times)

Offline Zelzahim

• Anim made by my mate agge
    • Zelzahim
Theyre so bad?
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »
Hey, I've want to buy a Pair "Skyjumper", and a guy at the Chat said they were the worst ones you can buy.
Is this realy true, and if its, how bad are they? Do i need to buy new parts very often? Isnt theyre wort the money? is they dangerous?
i need answers!
Sorry if the English is bad, im swedish ;D

:PJR://Zelzahim :PJL:
Thats the way, eh, ha i like it! eh, ah

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: Theyre so bad?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »
firstly is it flyjumper or sky runner?
flyjumper distribute stilts from flying locust i think, so thats all cheap stilts including pro jump as they are made by the same people, i believe they also make runners, which on the newer gen stilts cant be half as bad as everyone says, i started on runners but had to let them die when i found they were old generation stilts and i couldnt get parts for them.
i honestly dont see much difference in the two brands though, if it gets you into the sport then buy them, if you enjoy it and it really interests you then say 6 months down the line you will have learnt all about the stilts and will be able to justify paying more for other brands perhaps.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
Just to clear up any confusion, FlyingLocost and SkyRunners are not made in the same factory  :)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 01:07:26 PM »
corrected, who makes runners then?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 01:33:29 PM »
SkyRunner are manufactured by Bowei Powerwell...

Pro-Jumps, PoweriZer, PowerStrider, Flyjumper, Speedjumper, AirRunner, Air Trekkers etc etc are all manufatured by HongKong Int'l Amusement Information Limited (They also trade as "hongkong and guangzhou upwing" and "Guangzhou Up-Wing Sport Goods Co.,Ltd" (On the forums people refer to them as flying locust of flyjumper china but these are the brand names not company names)

Both are manufactured in China.

Offline Zelzahim

• Zelzahim
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »
I meaned Skyjumpers

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 05:18:07 PM »
Can you show us a link so we can identify them as either FlyingLocusts or SkyRunners

Offline Zelzahim

• Zelzahim
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
On swedish
http://www.hobbex.se/p/pid,3647/t/product.html
and transmited to english(made with WorldLingo,so spelling etc can be wrong.):
http://www.worldlingo.com/S1790.5/translation?wl_srclang=sv&wl_trglang=en&wl_url=http://www.hobbex.se/p/pid,3647/t/product.html

Hope that helped a bit

//Zelzahim
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:50:20 PM by Zelzahim »

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:20:46 PM »
Skyrunners without a shadow of a doubt

Offline Zelzahim

• Zelzahim
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »
and that means...?

Offline Zelzahim

• Zelzahim
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
Is they good,normal,bad or very bad?

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
umm most class skyrunners as the lowest of the low, can;'t think of anything worse actually, and i think they're illegal to sell in most patent protected countries like the UK and US, the flying locust stilts(pro-jump, flyjumpers whatever) are better, then above them are risers, 7's and skips, think thats about right, could be wrong though

Offline Zelzahim

• Zelzahim
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »
Okey, buts theyre the best i can afford.
Is they worth the money? or should a Wait untill i get some more money?

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »
umm to be honest i can't say, lots of people have got skyrunners and had next to no problems, but others have got them and broken them pretty quickly, so i can't say either way, if i did then you could hold me responsible for you getting injured or something, and i've got enough to deal with without stuff like that.

...you could try looking on ebay for some pro-jumps, though be careful there, i got some second hand PJ's for £90 off ebay, and they're not bad, though the springs were pretty soft...and the feet wore through pretty quick, i dunno, it's worth a try, but there's lots of dodgy sellers on ebay, so be careful if you decide to...how much are skyrunners anyway?

Offline Zelzahim

• Zelzahim
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »
What do you mean with "how much are skyrunners anyway?"?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »
as someone who has learnt to bock on runners i can say get em, if its runners or nothing get runners, dont listen to all the naysaying from people who majority of the time havent even touched a pair of runners let alone bocked on them.
unfortunatly bad news spreads fast and everyone gets very elite when it comes to runners, i say f**k them people, i just wanna bock and want as many people as possible to join me in this great sport.
so if you can only get hold of, or only afford runners, GET THEM you wont look back

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 11:58:29 AM »
Agreed!

If its all you can afford then go for it, if you could wait 2 weeks or so and get FlyingLocusts then go for that as it will be a better choice in the long run.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
^^yep, and by how much are they i ment how much do runners cost...and whats the price difference between them and locusts?

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »
I was speaking to some guy in the chatroom the other night who bought some "powerskips" aka SkyRunners from ebay for £73 which included delivery

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
I was speaking to some guy in the chatroom the other night who bought some "powerskips" aka SkyRunners from ebay for £73 which included delivery

You really are barking up the wrong tree....

http://www.ukgooddeals.com/pp/Jumping%5FStilts/PowerSkip%2DStilts/PowerSkip%2DPro%2DJumping%2DStilts.html

At £750:00 GBP Powerskips ain't Skyrunners.....

-Nobby

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:57 PM »
think he means someone bought what they thought were skips, as skyrunners are advertised as all sorts of things these days

...and at about £75 for a pair i'd save and get pro-jumps or whatever, unless of course nothing else is available

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »

You really are barking up the wrong tree....

http://www.ukgooddeals.com/pp/Jumping%5FStilts/PowerSkip%2DStilts/PowerSkip%2DPro%2DJumping%2DStilts.html

At £750:00 GBP Powerskips ain't Skyrunners.....

-Nobby

LOL!

SkyRunners often put the brand name of PowerSkips on their stilts, and the guy in the chatroom was soooo sure that he had got Powerskips, but i eventually managed to explain that they were SkyRunners even though it said Powerskips on the box they came in.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 12:12:25 AM »
We're trying to help someone out here remember? Let's not confuse the issue in hand eh?

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 12:22:16 AM »
as someone who has learnt to bock on runners i can say get em, if its runners or nothing get runners, dont listen to all the naysaying from people who majority of the time havent even touched a pair of runners let alone bocked on them.
unfortunatly bad news spreads fast and everyone gets very elite when it comes to runners, i say f**k them people, i just wanna bock and want as many people as possible to join me in this great sport.
so if you can only get hold of, or only afford runners, GET THEM you wont look back

I agree..."You can't always get what you want,but if you try sometimes,you might find, you get what you need"....
(Rolling Stones)
-Nobby
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:27:58 AM by Nobby »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »
It is good to get as many people on bocks as possible so if it all you really really can afford then get them but for me tryiong to sell them as something better than what they are puts a little warning flag up for me. There is something defo no legit going on but besides that with qualitly from what I have read and heard you can get some very good pairs of skyrunners and all the same some uite shabby ones.

There is something funny about skyrunners. If I were going to get some stilts and they were all I could afford I would look at a few more sources than what is on these forums because people here are qiute oppinionated about there fave stilts. Its probably better too find out some facts but with skyrunners it is hard to get any defintative information. Another warning light for me but what i am saying is make an educated decision.

:spudT: