Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 136044 times)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »
well if we are in london for the weekend, i think us adults should go out and let ET show us where to go  :Cchatterbox:

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
okay ET! enough with the attitude, I said I'd HELP if people wanted to have it in London, but everyone one is Umm-ing and Arr-ing. They are all making suggestions for other places but not really giving me a definite for the London meet or not. I had helped muncher with the norwich preparations only to be told 'ok its a NO - GO' because of bans and such. Muncher wasnt happy and neither was I. So i thought if London was what people wanted to do then i could lend a hand, you seem to think i can pull it all out of my ass on my own. Im not going to do it on my own and im not going to start doing things for people if they cant make their bloody minds up. Sorry, im not you ET, If you dont like it then you sort it!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2009, 12:15:29 AM »
Right, enough arguing and b***hing.

CB09 is in London. This so far we have concluded.
CB has always, and will always, be on the third weekend of August:

2007 - 19th
2008 - 16th + 17th
2009 - 15th/16th (or both)

For those asking/moaning about holiday dates - you should have looked at the previous dates for CB and it would have been pretty obvious what weekend it would fall on. If ET is back, wicked, if not I'm assuming it will fall on me, Locky and Becky to run the show again, as people are simply throwing ideas and not actually doing anything. Muncher did some awesome work with Norwich, and its a shame it got cut but hey, life sucks and you gotta deal with it.

So as such, we need one thing from you lot. Do you want one day or a weekend?
Simply reply to this topic with "A single day" or "A weekend". We don't need to know anything else. We have the location, once we know whether we are doing a day or a weekend we can decide on where we are going within London and a route. Personally I don't think there is enough in London to do ON bocks for 2 days. Sure we can wander around but people are like "lets do the eye!" and stuff - where are you going to put your bocks? Have you worked out costs? Is it viable? We need to think these things through. If it does become a weekend I think it will be one day organised bocking, 1 day "go do what you want".
I think if we did the same as 2007 and just notified Police we would be there, it would be okish and we shouldnt have too many problems unless we venture onto private land (e.g. the south bank)

I'm in a bad mood, I apologise if this came off rude.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:24:43 AM by sprog »

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2009, 12:30:10 AM »
okay ET! enough with the attitude, I said I'd HELP if people wanted to have it in London, but everyone one is Umm-ing and Arr-ing. They are all making suggestions for other places but not really giving me a definite for the London meet or not. I had helped muncher with the norwich preparations only to be told 'ok its a NO - GO' because of bans and such. Muncher wasnt happy and neither was I. So i thought if London was what people wanted to do then i could lend a hand, you seem to think i can pull it all out of my ass on my own. Im not going to do it on my own and im not going to start doing things for people if they cant make their bloody minds up. Sorry, im not you ET, If you dont like it then you sort it!

Oh Jelly calm down dear, I wasn't actually giving you attitude....as if I would dare!!! I was just hoping you would make a descision but it looks Like Sprog has jumped in to save the day....everyone should kiss Sprog at this years CB....make sure you slip him some tongue :Cyes:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
Sh'up ET :Ctongue:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2009, 03:11:01 AM »
well to help the decision along, here's my vote

if it's one day-london
if it's 2 then wherever else(*assums it'd be cardiff again*)

i'd rather it be 2 days, makes the travel worth it, and generally more fun for everyone

oh and a pre-emptive thankyou to whoever ends up organising it, doing a great job so far, so keep it up and it should be good

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »
I'll speak my mind here as if that somehow lets me off from upsetting people.

It's not going to be in Cardiff this year. Probably Cardiff 2010.
Due to me being very busy with the welshbockers this summer I'm virtually out of this years organising. Assuming I attend, I'll be more than happy to volunteer to help things on the day.

I wont be coming for 2 days. It's just not an option for me at the moment.
I think if its a 2 day event it needs to be split into 2 days properly. Have 1 day dedicated to the bocking and make it the actualy event day and have the 2nd day as a mix of things or whatever else it is people want to do and go.

Because we're potentially going to have 150+ bockers here I think its essential we need to get it cleared by the council(s), the police and the royal parks assuming we're in hyde park. This shouldnt be a terribly difficuly task but it is going to take someone with some significant local knowledge which isnt me. For example if I called the parks people up and asked then they suggested "why dont you use st james's park instead" I would have no idea if it would be a good thing or a bad thing. Sure I could come back and ask you guys and we could discuss it for another 11 pages but thats not what CB needs. It needs someone to make the decision there and then.
Getting someone who knows the area of london pretty well and someone who is happy to contact the council, police etc is what we need.
Without it, the discussion is pointless.

Offline Jelly

« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »
Right, enough arguing and b***hing.

CB09 is in London. This so far we have concluded.
CB has always, and will always, be on the third weekend of August:

2007 - 19th
2008 - 16th + 17th
2009 - 15th/16th (or both)

For those asking/moaning about holiday dates - you should have looked at the previous dates for CB and it would have been pretty obvious what weekend it would fall on. If ET is back, wicked, if not I'm assuming it will fall on me, Locky and Becky to run the show again, as people are simply throwing ideas and not actually doing anything. Muncher did some awesome work with Norwich, and its a shame it got cut but hey, life sucks and you gotta deal with it.

So as such, we need one thing from you lot. Do you want one day or a weekend?
Simply reply to this topic with "A single day" or "A weekend". We don't need to know anything else. We have the location, once we know whether we are doing a day or a weekend we can decide on where we are going within London and a route. Personally I don't think there is enough in London to do ON bocks for 2 days. Sure we can wander around but people are like "lets do the eye!" and stuff - where are you going to put your bocks? Have you worked out costs? Is it viable? We need to think these things through. If it does become a weekend I think it will be one day organised bocking, 1 day "go do what you want".
I think if we did the same as 2007 and just notified Police we would be there, it would be okish and we shouldnt have too many problems unless we venture onto private land (e.g. the south bank)

I'm in a bad mood, I apologise if this came off rude.
I said i would Help didnt I!!! And yes im in a very bad mood. I cant just click my fingers and have it all out in military precision. I said the dates i did because there is 5 weekends in August and 22nd 23rd would be the third FULL week. Yes it needs planning and permission, that is why i got p**sed off with ET when he said for me to put it up already as this thread had got 'PAST RIDICULOUS' its not my fault or problem, but when someone says they would Help out, dont treat them like a f***g c***.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:18:09 PM by Jelly »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
love you jelly xx

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:13 PM »
who dosnt love jelly

just got to make sure kelly dont hear that.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:56 PM »
I said the dates i did because there is 5 weekends in August and 22nd 23rd would be the third FULL week. Yes it needs planning and permission, that is why i got p**sed off with ET when he said for me to put it up already as this thread had got 'PAST RIDICULOUS' its not my fault or problem, but when someone says they would Help out, dont treat them like a f***g c***.

I never said it was your fault or your problem, but the thread is past ridiculous....thats not your fault either but thats how it is. Stop being so defensive I have already explained I wasn't having a go at you. I probably didn't write it the way it was meant to come across for that I apologise. I haven't now or ever treated you like a f***g c***.....

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
jelly keep smiling i know you can do this,

im pretty sure the either Jelly or Sprog is taking control over organising this or both which would be an awesome bonus either way who ever is going to organise it jus shout if you need any help even if it is jus a rant down the phone at sum1 or screaming at them when you get angry much love to every1 xxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
Right to get this sorted,

Does anyone actually object do the weekend jelly has booked off work?
I mean, is it a serious problem for anyone to get to london on that weekend.

I'm talking about August 22nd and 23rd.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
no id prefer it as my birthdays on the 24th lol makes more sense to me to have it on the 3rd full week same as it does for becky so lets do it then

Offline Jelly

« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2009, 08:05:11 PM »
f###g c###, It meaning, flung cows!  :Ctongue: not what naughty words you were thinking! Sorry to get stressed people, im dont like getting stressed, im jelly, im happy, bouncy mad jelly. love you EVERYBODY. jelly x

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »
love u 2 jelly

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
Weekend

I mean its only up the road for me so 2 days Sprog  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:03 PM »
Hey people =]
The only request i have is can you make it before the 24th August so i can come and see everyone before i go off to the racing school and have no life.
Thanks
Mini Ellis xxxxxx

Dark Knight

« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2009, 12:15:38 AM »
Right to get this sorted,

Does anyone actually object do the weekend jelly has booked off work?
I mean, is it a serious problem for anyone to get to london on that weekend.

I'm talking about August 22nd and 23rd.
Works for me I've just check and I free on both 21st and 24th too  :thumbs:
If Jelly sorting it there's got to be beer involved and I'd have a extra day to recover  :approve:
Besides if Jelly so kind to get things start and happy to kick peoples b###s to do their share of the work.
Everyone as time to book that weekend off and sort transport out there's always going be poeple who can't make it what ever weekend it is.
But lets not forget who pick the date incase it rains heavy then we'll just have to see if Jelly can float on the Thames   :Claugh:
Only Joking Jelly .... we all know jelly sink in water  :Ctwitcy:

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:44 AM »
to be fair it lashed it down for majority of London capital last time, n people were still flippin wer ARD rain dont affect us were Welsh n British we barely know what sun is ET may have a shock when he sees rain agen unless its been rainin alot over there

An jelly wouldnt float or sink it would dissolve and i wouldnt throw her in the Thames shes bein a ledgend Jelly if you need nethink seriously ask me ok i got alot of free time n i could you out ok xxxxxxxxxx

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2009, 12:59:35 AM »
to be fair it lashed it down for majority of London capital last time, n people were still flippin wer ARD rain dont affect us were Welsh n British we barely know what sun is ET may have a shock when he sees rain agen unless its been rainin alot over there

An jelly wouldnt float or sink it would dissolve and i wouldnt throw her in the Thames shes bein a ledgend Jelly if you need nethink seriously ask me ok i got alot of free time n i could you out ok xxxxxxxxxx

It rain in monumental proportions over here...... basically nonstop over winter

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2009, 01:01:03 AM »
i was hoping to come over there for the winter time in england if that makes sense n work thru the summer there but didnt have the money to

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »
im free for the 21- 24 coz im 18 then so i can get rat assed lol

an i will hav money thenm aswell lol

is ther any idear where it will b now ?

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2009, 11:35:10 AM »
does it matter where it is as long as there is a pub we will all be fine  :Cswoon:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2009, 02:33:27 PM »
does it matter where it is as long as there is a pub we will all be fine  :Cswoon:
worked for us last year

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”