Author Topic: How can i tell the difference between theese bocks?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
How can i tell the difference between theese bocks?
« on: September 27, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
Im going to collect some Powerisers i bought off Ebay, but i want to check if they are the geinuine stuff.

So can you guys give me some tips on how to check these poweriser(originals) are the real stuff.
How can i tell the difference between these flying locusts(Pro-jumps) or (illegal copy's of Powerisers) Skyrunners?

Perhaps you could post a picture of each of them i can print out so i can tell the differences.

The main thing i want is to make sure these are real and not copy's/Flying locusts.  :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: How can i tell the difference between theese bocks?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
erm  well you do realise that 'projumps' of 'projumpforum' fame  are actually a UK branded example of 'flying locust'   So kind bad form  asking about how you can tell what your are buying is that product.  Would be alot easier if you could post a picture of what you are buying . Indeed, Id want to see what I was buying inadvance.

Sorry to be so blunt, but Ive got w/e off and the organiser of todays meet cancelled at last min   and Ive had a pointlessly boring day  that I could have earnd some serious overtime money on.

if you want somat on the  heap ---- do ya own researh

btw  where are you? there may be peeps near you who actually bounce on all the models --you could go see, maybe even try 1 or 2 out :D

Offline adamessex

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »
generally I'd say the branding would be on them like on the calf pads and possible the foot plate
falling is proof your trying

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:28:48 PM »
Ok a semi sensible answer

Normally PoweriSers with an "S" will have Poweriser stamped on them in a few places

PoweriZers have PoweriZer on the calf pad and on the rubber stop under the foot (I think)

Pro-jump have Projump in the same places as above

All of the above are Legal in the UK

Any thing else your on your own and if they cost more than £100 I would walk away and buy a set of PJ's for £135

Just one thing to add I have met a few people who have bought the new PoweriSers (the ones with cuffs ) and are very unhappy with them one guy actually said they fell apart round him over a very short time

But if they are the older ones with knee bars not cuffs they seem good

Finally I wouldn't buy a used set of any type unless I knew the seller well enough to know how much use and how hard they had been used
(a week with tundraH is like a year with any other bocker  :haha:)
Or if I was buying them for spare parts and they were very cheap (Sub £40)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
The seller said he has only used them twice and then kept them in his shed for six months.
I am going to buy them for £72 and i'm going to collect them.Do you think i should still get them if they have only been used twice?

Offline adamessex

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »
check the wear on the feet, if they still have a good amount of grip thats a good sign (proved they not been change)
check for play/wobble in the frame, ie hold the spring and try wobbling the frame, see if the bushes are still fresh,
see if theres much damage to the fron of the foot plate and knee bar pad.
damage on the back of the springs is common when you start learning. these are signs of where from my own experience.

can anyone else add to that?
falling is proof your trying

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »
Agree with all that Adam but if there is anything other than scuffing on the spring covers such as the plastic being torn it might indicate spring damage and I would avoid them

Although the springs can take a fair bit of punishment they can also be damaged quite easily and it can cause early failure

But if they have been used only twice I would expect them to be in very good condition as most people don't do very much in the first couple of sessions

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
well that is if tundrah was not the person using them twice :haha:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 10:21:10 AM »
If he's used them twice they should look BRAND NEW.

I wouldnt accept ANY scuff or markings on them anywhere. Even on the footpad, the wear on it should be microscopic.

Typically PoweriSers have a light colour footpad and not black like the others but some Skyrunners (crap and illegal) have also had this.

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »
dont let TundraH use your stilts he isnt called The Spring Slayer because it a funny name.. hehe

"This is a joke"